Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatchacock!

Hi
    Finally bit the bullet: when I was out in Zim I found a mechanic who has now found me an engine from a low mileage T bone.

Old engine was a 1KZ-T, new engine is a 1KZ-TE...am I looking at any problems?

Also, when I got out there I found the radiator was missing so I'll have to get a new one of those as well. The truck has been on jack stands for the last two years so there was a bit of rust on the discs etc...will that be a problem or can they just be skimmed?

Looking at about 3000 USD for the complete job, so it's not going to be cheap - once done I'll be looking for a few rentalk customers to help me claw back some of the money I've lost so if there is anybody looking to do a safari in Zimbabwe - give me a shout.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

You'll need you old fuel pump, EFI one will be no good in a 4Runner.

Apart from that, I can't see any problems. Use your old intake as well, as the 4Runner will have no way of controlling all the throttle butterflys and EGR.

Discs should be ok, as long as they're not to pitted A good wire brush and let the old pads clean them up, but if you have the facilities a skim would be better, but skim as little as possible, there isn't much meat on vented discs for skimming before they get to thin and overheat easily.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony. Heard I might need to swop sumps as the TEs one is on the other side - anyone know about this?
      Last edited by bundubasher; 5 September 2011, 16:45.
      @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Not sure about that, I'm pulling a 1KZ/T motor out of a 4Runner thats going to be made into a EFI motor for a Surf tomorrow so can compare.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

That's great - I've asked a guy who builds hunting cruisers to take a look. He's very experienced with the kz-te engine having transplanted quite a few. I was just looking for some background info on the whole process with a KZ-T so that I know what I'm talking about.
          @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Working...
          X