TonyN Does It Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TonyN Does It Again

Thanks Tony you are now my hero again. You were quite right about my Squeak in reverse, it was one of the prop shaft UJ's.

But can I say dont listen to pops he said i could do it no problem and it was not worth paying someone to press them in, WELL it took me ALL DAY Sunday of swearing and cursing and could i get them to bang in ........NO WAY!!

So I took the prop shaft to my local backstreet garage this morning and they had it done in about 30mins!! and it cost me a whole £10, Toyota wanted £100 with out the parts!!

Any way my Motor is all quiet again, So thanks Tony what would we all do with out you, You are a gentleman and a schollar!

Pops your just.......................... .............. Pops!

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Originally posted by Dunno
    Thanks Tony you are now my hero again. You were quite right about my Squeak in reverse, it was one of the prop shaft UJ's.

But can I say dont listen to pops he said i could do it no problem and it was not worth paying someone to press them in, WELL it took me ALL DAY Sunday of swearing and cursing and could i get them to bang in ........NO WAY!!

So I took the prop shaft to my local backstreet garage this morning and they had it done in about 30mins!! and it cost me a whole £10, Toyota wanted £100 with out the parts!!

Any way my Motor is all quiet again, So thanks Tony what would we all do with out you, You are a gentleman and a schollar!

Paul
    Paul.

You don't want to bang in propshaft UJ's, you want to use a vice, much easier and if you use one of the old bearing cups as a pusher for the new ones, you save pushing them in too far which will surely ruin the new ones the first time you use the truck.

Propshaft UJ's are a doddle once you have done a few, however they are a huge pain the first time you do them.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Paul.

You don't want to bang in propshaft UJ's, you want to use a vice, much easier and if you use one of the old bearing cups as a pusher for the new ones, you save pushing them in too far which will surely ruin the new ones the first time you use the truck.

Propshaft UJ's are a doddle once you have done a few, however they are a huge pain the first time you do them.

Cheers
      You can say that again Andy, I have rebuilt engines and gearboxs many times in the past, but that is the first time for a UJ and you are so right it was a real pain.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        Paul.

Cheers
        thats wot i told him but no i just get the abuse AGAIN and you did say they would charge you £70 odd quid was it.
        and i offered too come over and do it for you too.
        WELL I'LL GO TO THE FOOT OF OUR STAIRS
        Last edited by pops; 2 August 2004, 19:07.
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

You can say that again Andy, I have rebuilt engines and gearboxs many times in the past, but that is the first time for a UJ and you are so right it was a real pain.

Paul
          shouldda got a bigger HAMMER
          Pops

Comment

Paul
            blimmey not you too dunno is this the start of a new section coming on the WE LOVE TONY SECTION
            Pops

Comment

guess so
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

:bashfull:

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                  blimmey not you too dunno is this the start of a new section coming on the WE LOVE TONY SECTION
                  TONY'S MY HERO

Comment

TONY'S MY HERO
                    Geez guys - I'm gonna start getting jealous soon!!!

TONY'S MY GUY!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

LINDA your TONY'S cleaner upper LOL
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                      X