No announcement yet.

Animals or Humans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drat, just realised I've broken all rules of the forum, and used thought and logic in a reply.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Is it really bad if I say probably, in reality, neither? I'd be looking around for someone else to do it.

Comment

I'm with Adam - but that's because I have the hydrodynamic qualities of a house brick ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
          How many witnesses are there to these events btw? The Genovese effect would surely take hold if there was a crowd watching.
          Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          Is it really bad if I say probably, in reality, neither? I'd be looking around for someone else to do it.
          DING!

Comment

Results

Comment

Wouldn't make any difference to me!!!
              Child, man, women, pensioner, whatever I'd do my best to save them even a strangers dog if I thought I could.

No cats though, they can all die for me.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

So the question was, "If there was a choice?"
                If you had the choice and you chose an animal over another human being, child or adult, then really there is no place for you in society. As for recovering dead children and adults from drowning incidents, I've been involved in quite a few and believe me it isn't something I'd compare with a drowned dog, cow or whatever animal you fancy.
                Last edited by GBV8; 1 September 2011, 21:11.

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                  So the question was, "If there was a choice?"
                  If you had the choice and you chose an animal over another human being, child or adult, then really there is no place for you in society. As for recovering dead children and adults from drowning incidents, I've been involved in quite a few and believe me it isn't something I'd compare with a drowned dog, cow or whatever animal you fancy.
                  That's a bit harsh.

As for recovering bodies; I've been involved in a couple of searches. I also found (actually a student I was with found it, but didn't realise what it was) one body by accident, a missing female diver. I agree, it's not pleasant, especially if they've been in the water for a while.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

get the dog to bite the child (as they do) - you grab child and dog is saved too.

easy really and the cute mum might be ever so grateful

Comment

What if the mum is a Kyle howler?
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        What if the mum is a Kyle howler?
                        throw the kid back in and cuddle the dog

Comment

Having read the newspaper article the father was a brave but silly man and my condolences go to the family, but had that happened around here the police having been notified at 8 o'clock would probably turn up an hour later and stand and discuss the health and safety rules, that is of course if they actually bothered to turn up at all.

Comment

Its funny how far more women on the other forum would save their dog/horse than here so far.

Also the people who would save a random child are far more scathing about the people who wouldn't! This is positively civilised, I'm amazed...

Do you consider a human more worthy of life than a dog, or horse? Personally I'm not sure these days!
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                              Do you consider a human more worthy of life than a dog, or horse?
                              Personally, yes. (Despite having lost April, our hamster two days ago to old age )

If you go by one of the many accepted definitions of 'higher' life (for want of a better word), the human species has more value than any other as it is the only one that is intelligent enough to consider it's own existence, and have a complex developed concept of death.

There are plenty of other definitions / groups who would define value of life otherwise though. Buddhism values all life equally for instance.

I don't think I'd get angry about those who hold alternative opinions though, because someone who values the life of a dog as higher than that of a human child is obviously a mentalist woman - one who probably wears purple DMs, thinks Yakult REALLY DOES contain friendly bacteria, thinks pro-vitamins are somehow better than ordinary ones, and listens to 'world music'.
                              Last edited by Apache; 2 September 2011, 09:04.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Find a politician and thrown them in to save the child as sh*t floats and the child can cling to them until you are able to return to save the child!

Comment

Working...
                                X