1 more 1"? on the surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 more 1"? on the surf?

i have got a 2"suspention lift by roughtrax, 2"body lift, 3"longer brake lines by roughtrax, any idea how can i increase 1 more 1"? without spending a fortune? thanks.
    Last edited by budweiser; 31 August 2011, 08:53. Reason: bad spelling
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
    i have got a 2"suspention lift by roughtrax, 2"body lift, 3"longer brake lines by roughtrax, any idea how can i increase 1 more 1"? without spending a fortune? thanks.
    Hello J.C. Try this guy.http://stores.ebay.co.uk/samrolfe465...id=p4340.l2563. I got my 1" rear spacers from him and all seems well. He also does B.J. Spacers, diff drop kits etc....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

that looks like it, but im a bit worried about being aluminium, irish roads arent precisely smooth and 50% of the time or more im offroad and usualy tow same loads. thanks, i will ask this seller if he does heavi duty ones.
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Aluminium is fine. It will be a hard grade.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Aluminium is definitely harder than the polyurethane spacers I have on mine!

EDIT: Note the intended sarcasm at the irrelvance of the hardness of aluminium with respect to steel or polyurethane (or even butter or marg to be honest!) for the intended use as a material for spring spacers...
          Last edited by Rustinho; 31 August 2011, 18:11.

Comment

I made mine from Butter, you can use marge, but butter is better.
            The international measuring system of butter hardness does not class dripping in it's classification before any smartass mentions it.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
              I made mine from Butter, you can use marge, but butter is better.
              The international measuring system of butter hardness does not class dripping in it's classification before any smartass mentions it.

Oh they will....

Ali works, Poly works, Steel works.

Its all good, we don't need another 'wikipedia/google cut'n'paste-off'!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

As a complete non tech type isn't there a risk of corrosion using ali - summat to do with dissimilar metals ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

All materials are available in different hardness grades. Alu, poly, marge, butter.

Butter works well in cold countries.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                    I wasnt just speaking by wiki..I actually worked in the Engineering gasket rubber and plastics industry (james walker & co)for 15 years..to save a lot of typing i did select the relative text.
                    I wasnt starting a paste off just trying to be help full saying that... i should have said I think polyurethane is a good material and left it at that. however some one would have said how do you know.
                    So without any information about aluminium to compare to, what actual use is the information posted, apart from you familiarity with the right click on the mouse?
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Aluminium? I can't believe it's NOT butter!

Comment

The word butter derives (via Germanic languages) from the Latin butyrum, which is the latinisation of the Greek βούτυρον (bouturon). This may have been a construction meaning "cow-cheese", from βοῦς (bous), "ox, cow" + τυρός (turos), "cheese", but perhaps this is a false etymology of a Scythian word. Nevertheless, the earliest attested form of the second stem, turos ("cheese"), is the Mycenaean Greek tu-ro, written in Linear B syllabic script.[8] The root word persists in the name butyric acid, a compound found in rancid butter and dairy products such as Parmesan cheese.

The earliest butter would have been from sheep or goat's milk; cattle are not thought to have been domesticated for another thousand years. An ancient method of butter making, still used today in parts of Africa and the Near East, involves a goat skin half filled with milk, and inflated with air before being sealed. The skin is then hung with ropes on a tripod of sticks, and rocked until the movement leads to the formation of butter.

In the Mediterranean climate, unclarified butter spoils quickly— unlike cheese, it is not a practical method of preserving the nutrients of milk. The ancient Greeks and Romans seemed to have considered butter a food fit more for the northern barbarians. A play by the Greek comic poet Anaxandrides refers to Thracians as boutyrophagoi, "butter-eaters". In Natural History, Pliny the Elder calls butter "the most delicate of food among barbarous nations", and goes on to describe its medicinal properties. Later, the physician Galen also described butter as a medicinal agent only.

Any other questions?

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post

Any other questions?

Yeah, how come you know so much about butter?
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                            Yeah, how come you know so much about butter?
                            My internet navigational and right click skills are second to none...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Oh they will....

Ali works, Poly works, Steel works.

Its all good, we don't need another 'wikipedia/google cut'n'paste-off'!

I always thought butter was clarified not classified ?

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/clarifyi...er/detail.aspx

Let the paste off begin
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X