Contact Cards PLEASE READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Cards PLEASE READ

All Done and the Card below wins by Miles.
    Please feel free to print it off, Hand it out, Shove it under the noses of other surf Owners/Drivers and give poor Koi more work LOL
    Attached Files
    Yes, Brill, Great I want loads :-)
    29.55%
    Very Good, I will hand some out :-)
    63.64%
    Not bad BUT ......................
    4.55%
    You want ME to advertise this Forum LOL
    2.27%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by colincd; 31 October 2003, 01:32. Reason: New Card
    NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

so are we allowed as members to print & distribute these cards
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

theyyyrrrrreeee grrrrrrrreeaaaat say's tony the tiger
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

colin, i printed off the a4 sheet, but it came out just over one quarter of a4, and the blue text was not crystal clear, so i took the original one and ran it through publisher, have ended up with eight great shots and two allmosts, on a piece of a4 white card,
        BIG D
        ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE,

Comment

The Collies cajangas They have just shown up how cr*p my printer is.........oh what the heck is plastic for anyway, spend it before you die
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Definatly do for me colin, well did chaps in the art dept. now all I got to do is learn how to get em out of here in a readable fashion
            ok sused it buy new cartrages for the printer cos the kids have been printing homework posters again.Kids the most expensive thing on the planet.

sumo.
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Size ?

Originally posted by big d
              colin, i printed off the a4 sheet, but it came out just over one quarter of a4, and the blue text was not crystal clear, so i took the original one and ran it through publisher, have ended up with eight great shots and two allmosts, on a piece of a4 white card,
              Hi BigD

Sorry should have said that when you have downloaded the Pic open Publisher OR a Photo editing prog, start a New Image and import the Pic of the cards.
              You should then be able to re-size it back to A4.

I have just done it myself (thought I had better try it?) and it came out OK.
              just remember that these cards are ONLY as a 1st contact with Surf/4 Runner owners that don't know about this site, So there NOT perfect, there NOT Art Gallery material, they are just a way of introducing the site.

And Your right "Kids ARE the most expensive things on the planet"

Comment

Hi Colin,

I just tried printing out the 10 card sheet in adobe photoshop, imported it to size a4. Everything came out on the sheet, but everything is pixelated, can't read or see a thing??. So imported the single file from Ian's post and used picture package in adobe to produce multiple copies and it came out perfect???

I'm no slouch with a PC, but has anyone else had this prob??

cheers

Fieldsy

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                  Hi Colin,

I just tried printing out the 10 card sheet in adobe photoshop, imported it to size a4. Everything came out on the sheet, but everything is pixelated, can't read or see a thing??. So imported the single file from Ian's post and used picture package in adobe to produce multiple copies and it came out perfect???

cheers

Fieldsy
                  Hi Fieldsy
                  I have now changed the Card (see above) as everyone seems to like this one
                  Taken out the x10 as there do seem to be a few problems with printing it off (no idea why though )
                  Cheers
                  Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                    Hi Colin,

cheers

Fieldsy
                    I used the single file approach with Paint Shop Pro(which has since crashed and refuses to print!)I only managed 8 cards to the page though.
                    Powered by ????

Comment

cards

well cool. btw if any surfer gets hooted at by a blue over silver ssrx now M reg soon to be J reg same car just private plate, dont panic "It's only me"

steve
                      Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

Comment

This ideas been kicked around before, personally I think they,re a good idea but I was in a minority then.
                        It does seem strange to advertise a site thats not used anymore tho,
                        I know it directs you over here from the old site but.....
                        I see new surfers all the time in my area but none on this site. For me the benefit would be to get some local surfers logged on with a view to arranging some off-roading, as it,s much better in pairs/groups.

Geoff
                        Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
                          This ideas been kicked around before, personally I think they,re a good idea but I was in a minority then.
                          I see new surfers all the time in my area but none on this site. For me the benefit would be to get some local surfers logged on with a view to arranging some off-roading, as it,s much better in pairs/groups.

Geoff
                          Hi Geoff
                          I see what you getting at but it not the old site? it is the "Entrance" to the Forum, Pics, Links etc, etc......
                          Your right about Local to you though, thats the idea of the Cards, print some off and pass them around, doing that WILL get more people from your area involved, then you can set up meetings, chat etc, etc (I love that etc, etc bit ? )
                          BUT it will also benefit EVERYONE throughout the country & further afield.
                          The Forum is a starting point, getting people together with the same interest (Surf's & 4-Runners )
                          If you have 5 or 6 people from the same area then there is no reason why a local club could not be set-up between them for off roading days, meetings (here it is again) etc, etc.......
                          print some off and hand them out, see what happens..................
                          Kind Regards

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts

Geoff
                            A site thats not used!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.hiluxsurf.co.uk is very much used it is the main website for all things surf & 4runner related from which this forum comes from.
                            It holds the two top spots on the Toyota web ring for most popular site and recently in 12 days (since joining it) has achieved number 14 from 250 sites listed on a anything 4x4 related ring so it is very much used.
                            It has been upgraded/face lifted since Wayne started it and is continually being added to weekly.
                            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                            My choice
                            Back off

Comment

Hey ! sorry if I hit a nerve guys, I have to admit its a while since I checked out the old site & even then I just used to use a "favorites" link straight to the forum - the rest of the site hadn,t changed for ages & was in desperate need of an update. Its nice to see Koi is making some changes , the old site had "something" that this one hasn,t quite captured.
                              I was one of the advocates of moving to something bigger & better.
                              Maybe its just nostalgia www.hiluxsurf.co.uk was the 1st site I found over here when I was desperate to find out more about my surf & I enjoyed watching it grow. This site still doesn,t have the comfy feel of the old home , but in some ways its loads better.
                              I,ve said it before but I don,t know much about comps & this sites not been easy to get to grips with . I know some other folks found it a breeze because they already used other similar sites.
                              Anyway I stand by what I said about the flyers,wouldn,t it be better if finding a "this forum has moved banner" it just linked directly to this one?

Geoff
                              Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Working...
                              X