Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro rocket

Won this on eBay tonight for the meagre sum of £56

Had an earlier model of this probably 17 years ago so this is gonna make a lovely retro build.

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Missing something? You are indeed my un-learned friend.

Comment

I like the front fork design.

Comment

Andy, where do you buy your tyres and tubes from? I am fed up with 'last 5 minutes' Chinese cr4p!
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

£56 - thats a bargain.

nice set of girder forks too and a braced swing arm.

dont know if youre interested but i made a frame and swing arm something the same as that in titanium as an excersise about 10 years ago. it was to see what the titanium was like to work with before making a motorcycle frame. i re-made the girder brackets in titanium as well and all the bolts spindles and fixings.

it weighed about the same as an empty egg box when it was done

Comment

You weld titanium? You clever f*****!

I will have a titanium frame for a hardtail project one of these days. I've built my current alu hardtail as light as possible within financial sense, but a nice narrow tubed titanium frame would shave off a few more grams

Post some pics of your work?

Slobo, try www.chainreactioncycles.com for tyres - or indeed most bike parts.

Ribble cycles are good too, and Woolyhatshop though their choice is limited.

Comment

i dont have any pics of the pushbike frame but heres a bike frame done in 316 grade stainless.

it was based on a triumph t595 motor and the rest was more or less made to fit. the triumph is in the back of the main pic and the front one is a gsxr 1340 also in stainless.

the titanium motorbike never got done due to the scary costs of the titanium - close to £2000. the pushbike frame was pretty nice though. i gave it to one of the neighbours kids when i left newcastle.

ps both fuel tanks are hand made as well - an english wheel is a clever tool
              Attached Files

Comment

You're a clever bugger! They're lovely!

Cant believe you gave away a titanium frame to a kid. It's probably rotting (as much as it can rot) in a back garden somewhere now.

I picked the frame up today, and have stripped the forks down. Need to find a decent shock now as the elastomers are fooked, and I figure I may as well improve it while I'm rebuilding.

Comment

titanium isn't really any different to welding stainless

as long as its clean and the gas shield and purge on a pipe is good its easy enough. i managed to get a grade you can bend cold - made the job fairly straight forward apart from the cost of material.

you could always buy a small mill and re-make all the brackets in billet

are the shocks re-buildable or is the earlier stuff replace only.

Comment

This version of the fork uses an elastomer as the shock, the V2 version uses a conventional air shock. I'm going to ditch the hardened elastomer on mine and fit an air shock. I'll have to turn some new mountings, but thats part of the fun

Will have to send the dimensions of the rear swing arm - see if you can cost me a titanium version

Comment

if i was still in newcastle i would have made one for the cost of materials. i'm no longer in contact with the guy from british aerospace that sourced the titanium and the pipe bender here has no small mandrils.

heres pics of 2 hardly abelsons i built for friends for the boys that dont like fast stuff.

178BAD was a 1340 evo and the red one was a 1600cc s&s
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X