Is yours hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is yours hard?

Mine is soft... I can squeeze it as if nothing is in it.

Are any of you guys local to me willing to let me pop round to yours and feel if yours is harder than mine?

Oh...by the way I have a 3ltr 2nd Gen.... I'm sure the top rad hose should be harder to squeeze as the system is pressurised??.... Well it got your attention..
    .... Which was nice.

It might depend on your grip.
    It might seem soft if you have a good grip, but if you have a weak grip it would appear hard.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Your welcome to squeeze mine anytime bud!!
      (rad hose that is)

Alan

PS.... Festival of transport is just up the road if you want to pop over on sunday and go take a gander?

http://www.ehvc.co.uk/
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Mine caused a scene in tesco car park earlier. It's just so hard...sounding.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
          Mine is soft... I can squeeze it as if nothing is in it.

Are any of you guys local to me willing to let me pop round to yours and feel if yours is harder than mine?

Oh...by the way I have a 3ltr 2nd Gen.... I'm sure the top rad hose should be harder to squeeze as the system is pressurised??.... Well it got your attention..
          It will be soft until the thermostat opens then it will get slightly firmer. It won't go solid as it's not a sealed cooling system.

Comment

Thanks guys...glad you entered into the spirit..

Been a development this evening. Things have not seemed right for awhile, so decided to give myself paranoia and buy a temp gauge. Spent what felt like weeks reading the very informative Aussie site thread on overheating.

I had the same experience as the Aussie guys....the dash gauge sits quite happy and the after market gauge goes up and down 80-100. The dash gauge only starts to move once up to just over 100.

Have done the usual precaution stuff and have a new rad etc for the trip. Just that the flow of coolant out of the top hose seemed very poor and not full.

So tonight after a day spent working on it I now find coolant splashed underneath. I think the pump has slowly been giving up and now saying enough is enough...cheers for the info Bush and the offer Tin Tin I may still take you up on it...
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
              Thanks guys...glad you entered into the spirit..

Been a development this evening. Things have not seemed right for awhile, so decided to give myself paranoia and buy a temp gauge. Spent what felt like weeks reading the very informative Aussie site thread on overheating.

I had the same experience as the Aussie guys....the dash gauge sits quite happy and the after market gauge goes up and down 80-100. The dash gauge only starts to move once up to just over 100.

Have done the usual precaution stuff and have a new rad etc for the trip. Just that the flow of coolant out of the top hose seemed very poor and not full.

So tonight after a day spent working on it I now find coolant splashed underneath. I think the pump has slowly been giving up and now saying enough is enough...cheers for the info Bush and the offer Tin Tin I may still take you up on it...
              No problem bud, i shall be going to the FOT anyway!
              Al
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Mine was hard last night ut the missus sorted that for me

She's good with the spanners...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Mine was hard last night ut the missus sorted that for me

She's good with the spanners...
                  she needs to be
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate