Surf So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf So Far

I`ve had my Surf for a couple of years and a recomendation from a friend to join the forum turned me from an owner to a fanatic and following all the good advice I have been given from the members here I have learned a great deal and my Surf has benefitted greatly.

New chrome bumpers front and back
    Uprated springs and 4 x new shocks
    Bigger tyres
    30mm wheel spacers x4
    All ball joints wheel bearings and bushings
    Full no expense spared service inc auto box oil and filter
    Starter motor kit installed
    New tail window Mechanism and motor
    A new exhaust
    New stubby aerial

Chassis shot blast and waxoil is next on the cards.

Not all the work needed doing but I thought as I had the spanners out I would do it right as I plan to have a long relationship with the old girl.

So a big thanks to the forum and here`s a pic.
    Attached Files
    Its all about the journey not the destination.

Thats a nice wagon, I'll keep an eye out for you on the road

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Very cool looking truck...
      .... Which was nice.

Comment

Thanks guys I`m really pleased with it.

I`m always on the look out for surfs. There is a cool lifted red and silver one thats owned by a camera man that i saw on the Dargan Rondabout a while back, and blue one with yellow lights on the roof and a bull bar on the front I`ve seen around Belmont a few times, Any of those yours Vultch?

Comment

Originally posted by Treadlox View Post
          Thanks guys I`m really pleased with it.

I`m always on the look out for surfs. There is a cool lifted red and silver one thats owned by a camera man that i saw on the Dargan Rondabout a while back, Any of those yours Vultch?
          Lol, That's the man. A gentleman too.

Nice truck there mate, I like the shiny ones. I'll keep an eye out for you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
            Lol, That's the man. A gentleman too.

Nice truck there mate, I like the shiny ones. I'll keep an eye out for you as well.
            LOL, Brilliant, looks like there are quite a few of us around. Do you guys ever get together? If there is somthing organised I would defo be interested, few beers talk surf etc etc.

Oh and thanks for the compliment I appreciate it.

It is shiny but some git went up the side of it with knife after I paid £100 to have it buffed. It happened outside the bank in Hollywood middle of the day last summer. They did the front wing, both doors and trailed off at the rear qaurter panel. Quoted a £100 a panel to paint but advised not too because of the metalic colour match.

Comment

Something about that picture makes the truck look like a miniature toy in a model village.

Nice truck. I had a similar one at the beginning of the year. I like them in black

Comment

LOL, Brilliant, looks like there are quite a few of us around. Do you guys ever get together? If there is somthing organised I would defo be interested, few beers talk surf etc
                Not to sure that there has been a 'meet' over here. Two other guys I work with both have Surfs and are 'local' too Belfast. It would be good to see a collection of them together somewhere but the beer would have to take a back seat unfortunately
                Something to think about for the future.

Comment

Not to sure that there has been a 'meet' over here. Two other guys I work with both have Surfs and are 'local' too Belfast. It would be good to see a collection of them together somewhere but the beer would have to take a back seat unfortunately
                  Something to think about for the future.
                  Definitely keep me in mind if a meet is organised, it would be great to see a few surfs together, get a run out maybe. Stop for a burger and a coffee. DEFINITELY no beer if I have truck with me, sorry about that, I didnt think there. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Wow how clean is that. Nice looking truck dude, best colour.

Mine is black too, isn't very shiny or even clean though.

Comment

Definitely keep me in mind if a meet is organised, it would be great to see a few surfs together, get a run out maybe. Stop for a burger and a coffee. DEFINITELY no beer if I have truck with me, sorry about that, I didnt think there. Thanks for pointing that out.
                      When I get my truck back from Bushwhackers we can all try and sort something out. A hour or two somewhere talking Surf shouldn't be to hard to arrange. Coffee & burger is good but with a bit of future planning beer can be arranged too and that is even better

Comment

When I get my truck back from Bushwhackers we can all try and sort something out. A hour or two somewhere talking Surf shouldn't be to hard to arrange. Coffee & burger is good but with a bit of future planning beer can be arranged too and that is even better
                        I am Leeds at the minute so sorry for the sporadic replies but yes let's get that sorted, and who knows where it could lead, could build a cool surf community. What you getting done to your truck?

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                          Wow how clean is that. Nice looking truck dude, best colour.

Mine is black too, isn't very shiny or even clean though.
                          Hi mate, thanks for the compliment.
                          I agree the black ones are lovely. Mine is actualy a dark metallic blue. I'll pop another pic up when I get home. Cheers T.

Comment

Hi mate, thanks for the compliment.
                            I agree the black ones are lovely. Mine is actualy a dark metallic blue. I'll pop another pic up when I get home. Cheers T.
                            Wow! It's very dark, looks black.

Comment

What you getting done to your truck?
                              Have a look here.

Comment

Working...
                              X