The horror!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The horror!

This weekend I was doing some work on the truck, when I spotted some coolant staining all over the N/S battery and the expansion tank. Fearing the worst, I checked the rad cap. It had lost about half a pint.....Not looking good.... (Been there before). It was then that I noticed a hairline crack in the brass radiator top, that had been weeping coolant. (See image) .....So, Monday morning, I'm outside the local radiator emporium, waiting. When the proprietor arrives, he looks at me and says " Small crack next to the filler neck, yeah?"....Apparently, he's seen quite a few. Today, he brazed it up for me and hopefully all will be well. I've never heard of this problem before. Has anyone had a similar failure?.....Comments, please....Cheers....Mick.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MWS; 17 August 2011, 22:28.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Image?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Image?
      Sorry, submitted too fast.
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Quite common on the 2.4 top tanks to develop cracks because of the thin brass. The 3Ltr probably has the same thin metal. Keep an eye on it as you may need to replace the top tank at some stage.

Nev

Comment

i have i posted about it well it came open all over the place
          i did a post about after market rads (in my opinion) i went with toyota far better than ya think
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

The rad in my truck had been brazed by the previous owner. It developed a very very small weep around the brazing so I got a new rad from roughtrax.
            I now appear to have a overheating problem. Now I am NOT saying it's due to the new rad, but it is a major headache.

Tonyn is on the case and it maybe due to a faulty temp sender.... So after my rambling post, YES repairs seem common and the brazing on my old rad was in the exact same place.
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
            X