Hi from Hants,UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fett View Post
    I am new here guys and thinking of getting a surf so I thought I should come on here to see what the score was and make some friends

I want a daily driver and also something for some light laning!

How good are the surfs off road and how reliable are they?

Many thanks

Fett
    Hi & welcome....

I'd love a daily driver too, not found anyone willing to do it as yet so have to drive myself!
    It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      He drives a Rangey. Probably never got to the end of a lane before...

Reminds me, I was walking home from the local after going for tea there with the kids and the missus tonight and saw someone park an old Defender, get out and slide a drip tray under it before walking off.
      thats really the point , they are ###### good offroad, I have two range rover classics. they just arnt reliable wihout having to work on them all the time.

so the surfs need a lift and bigger tyers to cope with the lanes?

Ive done quite a bit in the range rovers laning so and they are both sandard so na nah nah

Comment

thats really the point , they are ###### good offroad, I have two range rover classics. they just arnt reliable wihout having to work on them all the time.

Ive done quite a bit in the range rovers laning so and they are both sandard so na nah nah
        I didn't say that they needed it. I merely alluded to the fact that they would benefit from lift and tyres. Name a multi purpose 4x4 that wouldn't.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Nope. A stock Surf will do 99% of British lanes driven properly.

Not sure what you want a Surf for. The Rangey seems to do all you need.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

lol, dont take it personally

it the reliability that lets the landrovers down-that and rust

3.0 surf is what im lookin for

Comment

I have a range rover atm which only has the center locker but it is nice to have all 3
              A center diff lock is nothing to brag about, a 2nd Gen dosn't need a center diff lock as its part time 4WD, Any AWD truck HAS to have a center diff lock or it won't work offroad.

Am only up the road from you when you break it.

Not sure what you mean about a autobox governer? rev limits, shifting and converter lockup is all done by the ECU, but you have a 'sport' button for higher RPM shifting but it makes very little difference apart from using more diesel.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                A center diff lock is nothing to brag about, a 2nd Gen dosn't need a center diff lock as its part time 4WD, Any AWD truck HAS to have a center diff lock or it won't work offroad.

Am only up the road from you when you break it.

Not sure what you mean about a autobox governer? rev limits, shifting and converter lockup is all done by the ECU, but you have a 'sport' button for higher RPM shifting but it makes very little difference apart from using more diesel.

ah its dont by the ecu thats good, is it done that way on all surfs?

I just like to steer clear of the centrifugal govenors on auto box's and yes they control the shifting.

If you want a 1990 classic that one will be for sale soon as I find a toyota.

Comment

Welcome from another Hants member !

We're in Gosport, and I work in Fareham. If you wanted a look/chat over ours or test ride you'd be more than welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Chris W View Post

We're in Gosport, and I work in Fareham. If you wanted a look/chat over ours or test ride you'd be more than welcome.

thats great thanks , I tried to PM you but I cant find it , which is odd for a v bullitin-maybe I havnt been a member long enough.

would be handy to have a look over a real one, I guess yours is a petrol form your info? is it easy to find lpg ones?

thanks

Comment

Afraid you need to have "pay'd ya subscription" to be able to pm others, pity as it makes things a bit awkward at times especially as if like my pc, emails play up at times, still the subs are 15 quid,
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I guess yours is a petrol form your info? is it easy to find lpg ones?

thanks
                        Have only ever seen one LPG'd one. A 3.4 V6 3rd gen. The 2.7 petrol 3rd gens are more powerful / more economical than 3.0TDs, so no real point in LPG.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thats great thanks , I tried to PM you but I cant find it , which is odd for a v bullitin-maybe I havnt been a member long enough.

would be handy to have a look over a real one, I guess yours is a petrol form your info? is it easy to find lpg ones?

thanks

Comment

Ah yes, I forgot about the lack of PMing ability. Ours is the 3lt V6 petrol version with a 2" lift.

Email my other half at limeymk1 at hotmail dot com as to when you wanna pop over.

Comment

Ah yes, I forgot about the lack of PMing ability. Ours is the 3lt V6 petrol version with a 2" lift.

Email my other half at limeymk1 at hotmail dot com as to when you wanna pop over.
                              thanks , ill get to that next week if its convenient for you.

thanks so much for the offer

Comment

Yeah, next week will be fine bud'

Comment

Working...
                                X