Good News - Bad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News - Bad News

I fancy doing a bit of off roading again but certainly not in my 'street queen'! I saw a nice 'W' reg Vitara which had a load of off road mods done to it for the princely sum of £1,000. I tried all the on line insurance companies and the cheapest TPFT quote was £658.00! No NCB as it is already on my BMW and the Surf.

Got through to Adrian Flux today and was quoted £325 with all mods declared, great news I thought. I phoned the seller only to find out that he had sold it! Can't blame him though, I wouldn't have waited for someone who said, 'I'll just check the insurance first mate'. How many times have sellers heard that one before only for the buyer never to be seen again!

Still at least I have a ball park figure now for when I see another one I like.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I don't know if any one has mentioned it Jim, but as able as those wee things are, the front diffs can be dead fragile. The grand vitara is the best of them. Nice looking toy though. Good luck searching.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'm sure Yoshie mentioned it when I first talked about looking for a Vitara mate, TBH I won't be doing any major off roading. I like the look of the Grand Vitara and some prices are very reasonble, I haven't seen a modded Grand Vitara though.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

My friend has a Vitara 2.0 V6. We cracked the entire front diff casing enough that the front diff has been ripped from its mount and sits lower down. 4WD still works though, strangely. Also the timing chain has been making noise like a machine gun for almost three years. The car should be dead but it wont die.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
        X