Windscreen Replacement and Autoglass scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone tint

Very good of you there Tony,can you leave it with me till tomorrow,see what I can arrange.
    Do you need to save the bodywork or could it be "cut out" with a big angle grinder.Would have to cover glass obviously,Ta,Alan
    There is a bloke locally who supplies screens,new or s/h and he removes from breakers with a wire saw and refits elsewheres

Comment

I just cut the screen out with a couple of inches of metal still fixed to it, so don't want anything saved.

It'd be tricky to grind out, as the glue isn't vry thick and if you nick the screen its all over, lol.

You get screen removers, its like a blade on a handle, and a pull cord to drag it round screen without slicing your hand off! LOL.

Many apologies for any confusion, I didn't notice your post and I was really offering it to Henry if he wanted it, but if not its yours, and I do have another truck to part out anyway.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

zone tint

Tony,not a problem,If Henry dont have it then I would be grateful, I will check the site tomorrow if that is ok with you,or Thursday to give H another day,Is that ok with you,Alan

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
          Tony,you dont know the name of the firm that does the zone tint screen do you by any chance,p.s. will do that article asap,my youngest will undoubtably appear for food soon so wont be long,Alan
          National Windscreens was the last company to have a go at fitting a screen on my truck.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            I just cut the screen out with a couple of inches of metal still fixed to it, so don't want anything saved.

It'd be tricky to grind out, as the glue isn't vry thick and if you nick the screen its all over, lol.

You get screen removers, its like a blade on a handle, and a pull cord to drag it round screen without slicing your hand off! LOL.

Many apologies for any confusion, I didn't notice your post and I was really offering it to Henry if he wanted it, but if not its yours, and I do have another truck to part out anyway.
            Tony, many thanks indeed you are a star. Will try and find a friendly local fitter who might be prepared to try and salvage it. Am snowed under at work but will hopefully get to it later today. Sorry Al! If I can't find anyone to do it I'll be sure to let you know so that you can take first refusal.

Has Poppy been in the pool yet? How's she coming along?

Comment

Working...
            X