Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car storage needed - HELP!

Hi guys,
    I'm in a bit of a bind, wondering if you can help. I need to find a place where I can store my Mini, as I'm being 'evicted' from my current place of storage (my aunt and uncle's) this week. I need to find a place off road as it has no MOT or tax. Do any of you know of someone who's got some space where I can store it indefinitely (likely until Dixie and I get a house or I can get the engine sorted out.)

Happy to pay a reasonable cost, but I thought I'd check with my car friends first in case you knew of anyplace. It's currently stored in West London, so anything close-ish to that would be ideal since I'll need to rent a flatbed truck to move it.

Thanks!!

Hi ya my lovely. When do you need to move it by? I have space on my drive in Watford if that's any good to you? There is currently a tonn bag of plastering sand there at the mo but will be using that up shortly. If it's that imminent then I'm sure I could work something out to move it.
    It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

what engine do you need?
      i have space too lots in fact
      its a bit far tho
      i also know a man who deals in engines
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieOakley View Post
        Do any of you know of someone who's got some space where I can store it indefinitely (likely until Dixie and I get a house or I can get the engine sorted out.)
        Whats up with the engine? I might be able to find some storage near here.
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi everyone,
          thanks for the support. Right now I'm looking into renting a garage from the council, after Koi suggested it up in Stevenage like he stores his Suzuki. He's applied for one up there, and I'm calling Hillingdon in the morning about it. They're not bad, less than £11 per week.

As far as the engine, I'm looking for a 1275 Mini engine (or 1275 a+ Metro engine since they're the same.) There's a few going on ebay for around £350, but you never know who you're buying from so I'm a bit nervous about it.

Any help sourcing a decent engine would be majorly appreciated!

Comment

Oh and as far as what's up with the engine, I maybe kind of overheated it about 5 years ago and it's now only running on 3 cylinders, and the emissions are too horrid to pass the MOT

Comment

less than £11 per week.
              You should move up to God's country. My council lock up is £9 a fortnight.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Wow, that is cheap! I thought £11/week was good!

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Mi...item4cf96baaeb

tiz very good that one for its money well i would offer 600 tiz mi tops but then again its done out well

Comment

Wow, that engine does look good, and having video is a huge help. However, how do you know the difference between a good used engine and a 'too good to be true' engine?

Comment

one usually is............
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

Wow, that engine does look good, and having video is a huge help. However, how do you know the difference between a good used engine and a 'too good to be true' engine?
                        yes i do he is a trusted seller my mates had off him in the past with no regrets

i can see engine supplys (my dads mate) for a price

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                          yes i do he is a trusted seller my mates had off him in the past with no regrets

i can see engine supplys (my dads mate) for a price
                          Oh hey, apart from this guy's 100% positive rating, it's good to know your mate has had experience with him too. Definitely going to keep an eye on this auction. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
                          X