Front driveshaft knowledge check.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front driveshaft knowledge check.

My inner CV joint boots are gubbed (too much lift on the front and they pinched themselves into oblivion) so I need to change them for the MOT. I'm off all week, but the weather is to be crap.

Is it OK for me to remove the driveshafts and run the truck without them, just in case I don't get enough good weather to swap the boots?

I can't see why not and if they aren't there, the truck can't fail its test on dodgy boots :-)
    Last edited by Albannach; 14 August 2011, 22:58. Reason: Vowel issues - again!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Yes, but you'll need to silicone in a cover of some sort (plastic jar lid?) to stop $hit getting into the hubs.

Comment

Yep, I already have a couple of plugs on standby for that very issue.

Comment

Don't actually think inner CV boots are part of the MOT just the outer ones so can't fail an MOT for split or missing inner boots.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

:
          Originally posted by Koi View Post
          Don't actually think inner CV boots are part of the MOT just the outer ones so can't fail an MOT for split or missing inner boots.
          might have been my typical bad luck but mine failed last year on that very thing, might have been a jobsworth tester.
          15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
            Wow, stupid as it is, the inner boots are not testable. They are advisories, but not fails!

Comment

Working...
            X