No announcement yet.

Mmmm... new wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last set of tyres I changed after about 18 months use looked like a pincushion on the inside. About 6 or 7 thorns in both back and front tyres - never knew they were there, the sealant is that good. No loss of pressure either.
    I carry a tyre plug repair kit with me for holes bigger than about 5mm which I am told is the limit of the Stans liquid. Never had to use it so far.
    When you change tyres, a wipe with a rag cleans off the old liquid. It only goes 'rubbery' where it meets atmospheric air - around the tyre bead and where you have had a puncture.
    I am completely sold on the stuff and (this is probably tempting fate) have never had to stop for a puncture during an event.

Comment

Cool! That'll do me next time I change tyres.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Nice wheels, I tend to not bother with top quality wheels, I'm right in to down hilling,so I reck them weekly,iv just got back from mozine and the mega avalanche, it's a bit like extreme and I mean full on extreme cross country for 2 hours, hardest thing iv ever done, sorry but im on my phone, so can not put up the link, do a search on youtube mega avalanche, I was number 1946, a lot of cross country boys did it no prob, even some on hard tails, but dont think thay will be back next year on them like.
        Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

Originally posted by 123-gtt View Post
          I'm right in to down hilling,
          Back in the early 90's, my first down hiller was a rigid Pine Mountain with deep rim campag wheels! I hit 49mph at Coed-y-Brenin on that - I am iron man!!!

My Proflex with Pace RC35's was much better.I have a photo of that classic wonder somewhere - must post it up!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            DeeMax are heavy. I assume they're for your bouncy downhill bikes?
            Bouncy down hill indeed!
            They aren't heavy though, I used to run Sunn Doublewides (42mm wide) and Hope Biig 'Uns in a 4 cross spoke pattern!

They were heavy but for 6 years they only needed to be trued once and they got some serious abuse including trials and big hucking (on different bikes).

I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
            X