Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmm... new wheels

Not what you're expecting...

Knocks nearly 2lbs off the weight of the bike!!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

That pointing looks a bit rough.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Part of that wall was underground for a while. It's OK though, just a garden wall.

Comment

Nice wheels though Andy.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Nice, I've just upgraded the wife's bike with some Mavic Crossmax and I'll being going down the DeeMax route I think!

What are those exactly?
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

DeeMax are heavy. I assume they're for your bouncy downhill bikes?

These are Cook Bros Cobalt XC's.The rear one was abit of a swine to mate with a 2011 XT cassette because the pins foul the hub by about 0.5mm - which led to plenty of cursing and a skim in the lathe this morning. All good now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Knocks nearly 2lbs off the weight of the bike!!
              Wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to cut down on the pies?

Comment

Cheaper yes, easier no.

The bike is lovely to ride, and has been getting progressively nicer since I've been upgrading it. This means I ride pretty much everywhere these days (or walk if I feel like) and so have shed around a stone since this time last year - without reducing my pie or beer intake.

It's win-win!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Cheaper yes, easier no.

The bike is lovely to ride, and has been getting progressively nicer since I've been upgrading it. This means I ride pretty much everywhere these days (or walk if I feel like) and so have shed around a stone since this time last year - without reducing my pie or beer intake.

It's win-win!
                  I need a bike.

I hope you gave the old wheels to the homeless.
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                    I need a bike.

I hope you gave the old wheels to the homeless.
                    Nah, they're in the shed gathering dust.

Gonna put road tyres on the old ones for the winter. Get a decent bike though Bri, makes a big difference to riding an old clunker, and you'll see the pounds drop off!

Comment

Apparently, his new seat is made from baby seals, crated veal and diamonds. He sold the old one for tenners, and burnt them in front of a homeless quadraplegic, before punching him square in the face.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Nice wheels - are they tubeless? If not, you can knock a bit more weight off there with a conversion.
                        Mark

Comment

They are naturally suitable as there is no spoke holes

Not gone that way yet - will wait til I need some tyres.

Comment

If the rims are suitable, you can use any tyre. I don't usually bother with special UST or 'tubeless' tyres. Virtually any quality tyre can be used with a sealed valve and around 50ml of Stans 'Notubes' liquid. You would probably need access to an airline for the initial inflation.
                            Looking at your bike, I guess you are into general trails and cross country riding rather than throwing yourself off a cliff like the downhill boys.

Comment

Yep, cross country with increasing distance, though I do climb the Malverns on occasion. I no longer have the 'no fear' mentality for down hilling like I did in my 20's

I've been recommended the Stans goo in relation to using any tyre as tubeless, though was also told it's best to do with a new tyre and a compressor as you say, so I'll wait til I replace the ones I have before going that way. My local bike shop has said they'd fit them for me as it can be a bit of a faff first time.

Doesn't it make a mess of the rims though? What about trail punctures? Is it resistant to the level of you being able to get home? I don't want to be messing trying to do a repair away from home!

Comment

Working...
                              X