Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size cable?

what size do i need
    iam after the black armourd stuff that runns in to a fuse board from the ground
    any one know its size is i need to buy soome but i have no idea what size the bugga is
    any help please dudes
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

For your 'van
    3 core 4mm should cover it.
    2.5mm if you haven't many electricals
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

its not for the van
      its for a cabin

how you know about mi van willis?

Comment

10 mm i'll check it cheers dude

Comment

4mm 3core armoured will cover it.
          Unless you have a big electric cooker.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

woodburning oven a viki cooker
            but its not for the van
            its for mi dads cabin
            its got cable to it but iam moving it for him
            the guy who sorts out the elecrtic for mi dad said to get ower own cable but i forgot to ask what size
            and i need to order it now or buy some in the morning

sorry forgot to say mi dads cabin is a large work shop with shed loads of everything in there

Comment

i just seen a price for the 10mm stuff i need 50 metres too

Comment

its for these three well the red one is getting scraped

in those cabins are lots of stuff electrical maddness honestly mi dad likes his stuff

Comment

Hi; first thing you need to know is what will be the load on the cable. In other words what will you be doing at the far end of it. If you are just going to have lights then a small cable will do, if you are going to be using a welder then that's a whole new ball game. This will determine the size is the protective device (fuse MCB); this is what governs the size of the cable as it's going to stop it catching fire.

The other consideration is the distance, you said 50M. The longer the run the bigger the cable required. This is due to voltage drop.

There are lots of other things to think about too like will it be run in thermal insulation, ambient temperature, using a rewirable fuse etc.

Finally you need to consider something called thermal constraints which is basically to check that the cable will not be damaged in the event of a short circuit.

All deep stuff, as a rule of thumb I'd guess at 32amp RCBO (that's an mcb and summat called an RCD combined) and 10mm 3core cable (if it's single phase). This will need to feed a smaller fuse board which will in turn feed sockets, lights etc individually.

Unless you're welding or it's 3 phase in which case it'll get scary

Comment

I just laid some cable. I dont think it was three core...but it did stink.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X