Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't log out!

Hello
    I cant seem to log out for some reason,anyone else having this problem?
    Powered by ????

why would anyone want to logout?

Comment

Do you mean tht when you leave and come back you are automatically logged back in?

There is a cookie in the browser that does this for you. If you click on the logout button underneath the banner pics then this should remove the cookie.

Rich.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
        Do you mean tht when you leave and come back you are automatically logged back in?

There is a cookie in the browser that does this for you. If you click on the logout button underneath the banner pics then this should remove the cookie.

Rich.
        It doesn't
        Powered by ????

Comment

i have to click it twice, once gets the cookies cleared screen, then pressit again to log out properly.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            i have to click it twice, once gets the cookies cleared screen, then pressit again to log out properly.
            Still not happening
            Powered by ????

Comment

The only other thing to try is to delete the cookies using the browser properties.

Assuming you are using Internet Explorer from MS:

- Click on the tools menu
              - Click on Intenet Options
              - Click on delete cookies button
              - Click on OK

Should do the trick
              If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

You may clear all your cookies by clicking HERE . If you return to the main index page via the link provided and you are still logged in, you may have to remove your cookies manually.

Here are the instructions for Internet Explorer 5 on Windows:
                1. Close all Internet Explorer windows.
                2. Click the "Start" button.
                3. Move up to "Find" and click "Files or Folders" from the menu that appears.
                4. In the new window that appears, in the "containing text" field, type in the domain name of the board without the "http://" or "www." part. For example, if the board's address was "http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php", I would type in "vbulletin.com" (without the quotes)
                5. In the "look in" box, type in "C:\Windows\Cookies\" (without the quotes) and press "Find Now"
                6. After it has finished searching, highlight all files (click a file, then press CTRL+A) and delete them (press the "delete" key or SHIFT+DEL)
                Your cookies should now be removed. You may want to restart the computer and revisit the board to be sure.

.............................. .............................. ...

Above from the FAQ link, seems a lot off effort. I'd just leave it logged in. Unless you have others using the PC who you don't want posting on here in your name. (drunken friends have been know start stuff this way! )

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  You may clear all your cookies by clicking HERE . If you return to the main index page via the link provided and you are still logged in, you may have to remove your cookies manually.

Here are the instructions for Internet Explorer 5 on Windows:
                  1. Close all Internet Explorer windows.
                  2. Click the "Start" button.
                  3. Move up to "Find" and click "Files or Folders" from the menu that appears.
                  4. In the new window that appears, in the "containing text" field, type in the domain name of the board without the "http://" or "www." part. For example, if the board's address was "http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php", I would type in "vbulletin.com" (without the quotes)
                  5. In the "look in" box, type in "C:\Windows\Cookies\" (without the quotes) and press "Find Now"
                  6. After it has finished searching, highlight all files (click a file, then press CTRL+A) and delete them (press the "delete" key or SHIFT+DEL)
                  Your cookies should now be removed. You may want to restart the computer and revisit the board to be sure.

.............................. .............................. ...

Above from the FAQ link, seems a lot off effort. I'd just leave it logged in. Unless you have others using the PC who you don't want posting on here in your name. (drunken friends have been know start stuff this way! )
                  it works anyway clicking on it turns you into a guest
                  [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                  [size=5][/size]
                  [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                    it works anyway clicking on it turns you into a guest
                    Hello guest!

Comment

Bet Tony's the "guest" that won't leave - even at 5am when the whole household is asleep on the sofa, he's still there fiddling with your cd's, helping himself to your scotch, farting & blaming the dogs........ He only came over for lunch !!!!!!!!
                      Be Warned !!!!!!!!

Jim
                      [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

OK I admit it,I b***dy live here!Don't start charging me rent now.