Anyone a telephone engineer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone a telephone engineer?

We're currently re-decorating the livingroom and for neatness I'm dooking all the sockets, aerial outlets and phone points and changing them all to the same style (MK White).

So far - so good.

I'm now on the telephone socket, which is where I'm confused and need some advice.

This is a Virgin/Telewest installation. I think the engineer has wired the master the same way as I expect a slave to be wired, but just want to check.

On a master socket, Leg A should be White/Orange and Leg B Orange/White. Leg A goes to terminal 2 and B goes to 5 - right?

On my Virgin socket, Terminal A is White/Blue, Terminal B is Blue/White. The other 2 wires are coiled.

My first assumption is that the virgin A & B equates to BT's Leg A and Leg B?

My second assumption is that my Virgin Leg A equates to a Master Socket Terminal 2 and that Leg B equates to a Master Socket Terminal 5?

Can anyone confirm that's right?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

I have just checked my Virgin media master and it is also wired on the blue pair on the incomer, these do correspond to 2 and 5 as long as you have a master to fit and not a slave. A=5 B=2 according to my intruder alarm instructions for hardwired modems. I have seen lots connected the wrong way around and dont seem to suffer any problems.

Hope this helps.

dazza
    Non consternationes.

Comment

Telephones aren't polarity sensitive, unless its digital coming in, and analogue phone is always sent on blue pair in new installations nowadays....

Comment

try
        http://www.britishtelephones.com/wir...cketwiring.htm

Comment

Working...
        X