New head, links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New head, links?

A nabour of mine has just got a 2.4 LN 130, brought it home yesterday and yes! you guessed, it's overheating, i didn't know he was getting one or i'd have advised him what to look out for,anyway it's spitting water/cooland out the expansion tank and a lovely light brown froth (looks like the head on a pint of Manns)
    as a start i advised him to give it a good flush and gave him a couple of pk's of slick50 quick flush, and replace the stat and cap, if it still heats up i advised it's may well be the head, and have printed him off a page from both milners and roughtrax, if you guys have any other links to decent replacment head suppliers please let me have em and i'll pass em on, also told him (& her) to regester on here where there's a wealth of info, he knows someone who can fit the head (as i dont feel confident in doing someone else's although i'd have a go at my own)
    so any links welcome, ta
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

I bet that truck gets a lot of LED's
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
      I bet that truck gets a lot of LED's
      I very much doubt it

Comment

Ian are you near Waterlooville , if so can you pop over to matt's as he is after something there
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
          Ian are you near Waterlooville , if so can you pop over to matt's as he is after something there
          I'm not far from waterlooville but who's Matt and where abouts and wots he after?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            I'm not far from waterlooville but who's Matt and where abouts and wots he after?
            http://daemon4x4.org/board/topic.php?id=4394
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

rightio, just reply'd on matts site, (ahah matt who!!! indeed)

Looville is about 2-3 miles as the crow flys but i'll be driving

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                worth checking a blocked rad..it may be someones put that rad block stuff in if they had a leak??? also the rad cap? etc not wishing to tell you how to suck eggs n all..just a thought
                Actually your dead right, it does have a pin hole on top of the rad and the previous owner stuck that rad-weld shite in, accounts for the froth, i have told em to flush everything and burp it properly, they were out washing it yesterday which is a good sign

Comment

Working...
                X