Rallying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rallying

I was looking at that Lexus in Vince's link, It said it had been on the 'Rust to Rome' rally.
    I drove home from England at the weekend and I saw a load of old Ladas and Fiats on a Loch Ness to somewhere in Poland rally.
    I think I fancy doing one of these cross Europe rallies, it looks a good laugh.
    Anyone any experience?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Yes, I am very experienced at living near loch ness.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      Yes, I am very experienced at living near loch ness.
      Yes, three months must be like a lifetime.

Comment

It's great... If you,

A) like spending time with people you don't know.

B) them getting on your tits.

C) fixing others cars because " I only drive it" attitude.

D) lending ( never to be seen again ) students money. " it's all about the experience man!

E) dealing with numb nut rich types who say " I can't possibly stay in a hotel with less than four stars"

F) ending up in a bar in the wrong side of town with someone who has a pint and wants to fight everyone.

Many other reasons if you want a longer list...there are a few rally docs on tv at the moment...yep that is the type it attracts. Having said all that because I have done it I guess I could be included in the above.
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
          It's great... If you,

A) like spending time with people you don't know.

B) them getting on your tits.

C) fixing others cars because " I only drive it" attitude.

D) lending ( never to be seen again ) students money. " it's all about the experience man!

E) dealing with numb nut rich types who say " I can't possibly stay in a hotel with less than four stars"

F) ending up in a bar in the wrong side of town with someone who has a pint and wants to fight everyone.

Many other reasons if you want a longer list...there are a few rally docs on tv at the moment...yep that is the type it attracts. Having said all that because I have done it I guess I could be included in the above.
          Seriously?
          That's put me right off.

On a different tack...
          When are you passing through here?

Comment

Off to morocco in sept for a shake down trip for a few weeks and hope to be passing by your way about this time next year....

Seriously rallies can be fun, it's just the usual thing of pushing people together who don't always get on... You will no doubt gel with some people as you go along and then just slag off the others or laugh when they get arrested for doing something stupid.

The rally I'm thinking of next is the one to Norshcap ( not how you spell it ) the most northern point in Norway inside the arctic circle. The idea is to buy a stupid fast car...collect speeding fines from here to there..drive back to Estonia for a party..sell the car and easy jet home....

Got my eye on a Mitsi 3000 gto twin turbo thing or a Celica with all the stupid spoiler and rear wing stuff... Fancy it??
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post

The rally I'm thinking of next is the one to Norshcap ( not how you spell it ) the most northern point in Norway inside the arctic circle. The idea is to buy a stupid fast car...collect speeding fines from here to there..drive back to Estonia for a party..sell the car and easy jet home....

Got my eye on a Mitsi 3000 gto twin turbo thing or a Celica with all the stupid spoiler and rear wing stuff... Fancy it??
              Is that from Paris?

I'll have a look. We do fancy doing one.

edit: not this one then. Paris-Northcap
              Last edited by slobodan; 4 August 2011, 20:40.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                Is that from Paris?

I'll have a look. We do fancy doing one.

It's from here, or it was when I spoke to the guys. I meet them awhile ago so someone else may have taken it over and running from Paris. It looked good at the time because it ticked most boxes for me. About 10 days in total, funny cars you can get from piston heads site cheap, wrong car for the place it will find it's self in, party time in Estonia... All good...
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

That's not the one but similar I guess....apart from the entry fee...600€ is very steep..... The one I saw was about £100.
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

A few on SMC have shown interest in this...... Here

Open to all types of 4x4.
                    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

i did a bit of work on a bmw for 2 dutch guys. they went on the amsterdam to cape town one last year.

i think it was a charity type thing (could be wrong) all in standard road cars.

it went ok until morocco, no one got any further as the visas got cancelled in the next country due to some uprising or something like that.

total waste of time - they all spent 2 weeks getting ####ed instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X