Finished at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished at last

Almost anyway, some pic's (quite a few )of the inside after a few months of re-wiring and re-fitting stuff,
    1, fuse and relay panel, all the added stuff works from there, i've cut those great big rear panels at the waist and made carpet covered boxwork to cover and house the speakers, amp etc the old rear gate relay stuff is also in there, much easier to get at than haveing to remove the entire side panel
    2, compressor, again boxed in with two cooling fans to help it along,
    3, twin air tanks under the back piped together,
    4, the AMP, it's fitted on hinges so ya can get at it,
    5, the o/s rear speakers and fan in place,
    6, the amp in place (4 x small screws)
    7, o/s boxwork
    8, n/s boxwork
    9, some of the transverse wiring run in cable conduit under the back seats, lids go on with some cable ties to keep em in place,
    10, remade interior light plus 2 x map lights either end, these and all the footwell/rocker panel or sill lights are run from a DP/DT toggle switch up in the roof console, 3 positions, on (with the door switch grounds/ off/ on anytime,
    11, speakers sound to light l.e.d.'s (bit blury)
    12, dash (the long view)
    13, remade (new) roof console
    14, " " " lights on, this has the switches that control
    the intercooler fan, cooling fans and pump, compressor, int lights, comp solidoids, gauges are ATF fluid to and from temp gauges and the head unit (plus a pair of ford KA "altered" clocks,
    15, dash,
    16, dash on,
    17, " " , although it dosen't look a whole lot different than before i have had a good fiddle with much of it, i've bunched up the five gauges into one place which ment some cutting of the dash on the curv so the plate would fit in nicely, three switches (down from seven) controll the angel eyes/roof bar lights, the fog lights, and the roof & front spotlights, got the plasma dials in and added some red l.e.d.s around the casing for a bit of extra "bling" (also fitted red and blue l.e.d's around the outer (clear) case but i aint took a pic of them as it might cause TonyN to grab his chest, an l.e.d toooooo far for the serious mudder i reccon)
    i also hacked the dash about where the heater controlls fit so they " stick out forward a bit and are more in line with everything else, old clocks still there but it seems to have packed up,
    18, going down a bit, the telly fits in the old original brackets and thats where the original dash ends, under the tv is the cb radio and the free-view box, some gauges (temps but just space fillers at the mo) the fag lighter and 3 spare switches plus the over-ride switch, (also what will be the step up and in warning light and step down and out warning light
    19, the tippy over gauge
    20, the "ritchie" compass
    21, since i removed the rear heater i now have a nice deep center box, lined it with blue cloth and added a light plus a single white l.e.d to light the tray (where ya useually keep the spare change for when that soddin fuel pump gauge go a penny over)
    22, cb radio ext speaker fitted in the center console (mic is now on the dash)
    23, the switches in the roof console,
    thats about it done apart from a couple of trim panels to go back in, i have to get a gauge pod fot the compressor pressure gauge thats gonna go on the dash pillar, either on the passenger side (to match the compass or under the compass, dunno yet,
    amp signal lead's replaced and runs from a small switch on top of the head unit,
    next to do is the step and mayby the tailgate, and do summat with the intercooler rad so the outlet dosen't foul the throttle,
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

It looks like you're driving around in a Heathrow air traffic control tower or something!

Excellent work there mate. I can't even begin to imagine putting something like that together.

Comment

Well done mate, nice when it all comes together.
      Brian

Comment

Good god Ian you have been busy.
        Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Cheer's, i did think i'd never finish it

Comment

Looks fantastic Ian!

On a side note, could you LED my 3rd gen's heater controls?

Comment

Fudge me sideways, that is one blinged up Surf. Do you drive it or fly it..lol..

I suppose when you get stuck in the mud you can turn the music up and bounce yourself out.

Very cool!!
              Now it's time to play!

Comment

Looks like the bridge of an aircraft carrier, sure you ain't been down the dockyard nicking stuff!
                Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Wow, Ian. Fantastic write up.(as usual.).........Cheers....Mick .
                  " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

WWW.JEALOUS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Looks fantastic Ian!

On a side note, could you LED my 3rd gen's heater controls?
                      Thanks vince, i'll have a go at your heater, not done a 3rd gen one so i would need to be very carefull dismantling it, i thought it was "lcd" display?

Comment

Cheer's guys, much apprecieated, Bob! that link, "gospel music"? wot ya saying?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          Cheer's guys, much apprecieated, Bob! that link, "gospel music"? wot ya saying?
                          You have built a church of Surfdom at which we all bow down and pray that, one day, ours may be as virtuous as yours (and snarl with a V8 growl c/o Vince!)

Comment

I am looking at that and thinking, y'know what this truck needs?

MORE L.E.D.s
                            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              Thanks vince, i'll have a go at your heater, not done a 3rd gen one so i would need to be very carefull dismantling it, i thought it was "lcd" display?

It's nothing special Ian, it's from my latest acquisition, a 1996 3rd gen.
                              The controls are pretty much the same as the 2nd gen but neater. Our 2001 3rd gen is backlit LCD.

Could you PM your address again, ta.

Comment

Working...
                              X