Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVA Tyres

Hi All,

Thanks to the help and information from this forum I am now the proud owner of a 96 3rd gen 3ltr ssr-x, now preparing for SVA test, have done all the usual things; fog light, speedo face, imobiliser (insurance), removed bullbars, removed spare wheel and carrier.

Can anyone answer the following:-
    1/ Do I need to remove the window wind deflectors?
    2/ Will my tyres pass the SVA test - YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER 265/70 R16 112S, there is no european "e" stamp on them?
    3/ Anything else I need to do?

Thanks

Originally posted by crg
    Hi All,

Thanks to the help and information from this forum I am now the proud owner of a 96 3rd gen 3ltr ssr-x, now preparing for SVA test, have done all the usual things; fog light, speedo face, imobiliser (insurance), removed bullbars, removed spare wheel and carrier.

Can anyone answer the following:-
    1/ Do I need to remove the window wind deflectors?
    2/ Will my tyres pass the SVA test - YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER 265/70 R16 112S, there is no european "e" stamp on them?
    3/ Anything else I need to do?

Thanks
    Depending on the SVA examiner, you may or may not get away with the tyres. Without an E mark, they should not pass, however mine got through with Yokohama Geolanders like yours with no E mark.

You may want to remove wind deflectors, they can fail them on them for sharp edges, however a lot get through with them on.

I think you have done everything that you need to do, however one last point is that they have been known to fail on the side steps although they shoulodn't really.

Cheers and good luck

Comment

Thanks for the reply Andy, I will remove the wind deflectors and take a chance on the tyres and side step,s

Cheers.

Comment

and say hello to my sister, she lives in churchfields estate kintore
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Nearly all the 3rd gens I've seen have wind deflectors on them....I can't really see them failing an SVA unless you're really unlucky.
          Mine also had Yoko Geolanders on it when it came over here.. passed ok...as did the side steps.
          Last edited by Rob; 31 July 2004, 00:00.

Comment

Working...
          X