Driving to Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving to Switzerland

I have a friend thats moved there and I'm thinking of visiting them in a few weeks. I'd prefer to drive but I hear the Swiss are strict regarding modifications? Would I be legally allowed to drive over given the "state" of my Surf? Thoughts?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    I have a friend thats moved there and I'm thinking of visiting them in a few weeks. I'd prefer to drive but I hear the Swiss are strict regarding modifications? Would I be legally allowed to drive over given the "state" of my Surf? Thoughts?
    They are pretty strict from what I've heard. Noise regs are VERY tight. I think pollution regs are pretty tight too.

Mates of mine on motorbikes have crossed the border into Switzerland and been stopped at the roadside to be told they can't drive any further and they need to leave the country on the back of a tow truck!

Flying will probably be cheaper than driving and a hell of a lot less hassle.

Did you ever hear the story about Jeremy Clarkson when he was filming his "Meet The Neighbours" series about other European countries? He was driving a Ferrari of some descrption and was stopped for exactly those reasons & with the same outcome. Curiously, the policemen that stopped him said nothing about the machine gun he had on the passenger seat of the car cos the gun laws are so lax over there!

Comment

Working...
    X