Respray cost ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respray cost ?

I notice some have had very nice resprays ... I was considering a satin black and wondered roughly how much we're talking to respray a different colour from original (burgundy over grey)

Price depends on a few factors
    1. Do it yourself or someone do it for you.
    2. Type of paint you want it done in
    3. How tough you want the finish
    4. If you want door shuts etc done too or just exterior

I can get a litre of satin black for about £30 . Then you need spray guns and compressor etc.

As I do bodywork for a living I already had all equipment needed, and it only cost me about £50 to respray mine Matt black.

If I was to do a respray for someone else like yourself , then id have to charge £500 (for Matt or satin finish) as its the prep which takes the time.

You could do it yourself with aerosol cans , but again cost depends on what make of paint etc and how many cans you buy.

Hope that helps

Animal
    Last edited by animal; 27 July 2011, 23:16.
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

It varies hugely, dependng on how "properly" you want it done. Colour changes are more fiddly as you have all the door shuts and engine bay to deal with...

unless you want to cut corners!
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
            Just out of interest, how much for a 3rd gen dark blue over silver to be redone in the same colour?
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

What condition is the current paint in, is it laquer peeling, or just scratched etc.

Comment

What condition is the current paint in, is it laquer peeling, or just scratched etc.
                It's in good condition, very tiny surface scratches, tiny bit of laquer pealing. The main thing is that it is slightly faded in places, hardly noticeable but I know it's there, all in all it is in above average condition for a 14 year old truck.

Comment

It might not need a full respray then really.
                  It may come up well with a good machine polish all over and then a few smart repairs here and there on the peeling areas.
                  I can't give an accurate price without seeing it but a full machine polish and small repairs will probably be a couple of hundred depending on the amount of repairs.
                  A respray will be about £1000 so the first option is the easier cheaper option.
                  Is that any help matey.
                  If you want to send me some pics of the damage feel free and I can do a better estimate

Either animal969@hotmail.com or 07895393564
                  Animal

Comment

It might not need a full respray then really.
                    It may come up well with a good machine polish all over and then a few smart repairs here and there on the peeling areas.
                    I can't give an accurate price without seeing it but a full machine polish and small repairs will probably be a couple of hundred depending on the amount of repairs.
                    A respray will be about £1000 so the first option is the easier cheaper option.
                    Is that any help matey.
                    If you want to send me some pics of the damage feel free and I can do a better estimate

Either animal969@hotmail.com or 07895393564
                    Animal
                    I'll take some close ups in daylight so you can get a better idea.

Thanks si.

Comment

Working...
                    X