need an altinater !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need an altinater !

I need a altenater for a 2.4 tdi asap anyone got one to hand 1991 truck.
    Its for a truck with with indicaters or blips on the side of the head lamps. The one on rought trax says there one won't fit mine

Any help apriciated

Disclaimer this has been done on my phone so might contain errors!

If the only problem is the shape of the connector (round plug vs oval plug) you can get "adaptors" that allow you to switch from one to another.

I have a slightly later model Surf (still a 91 model but with the later style indicators/side lights) and the Roughtrax alternator isn't a direct replacement for me either.

If you get the old alternator off and check it you might be able to get it repaired/upgraded by a local auto sparky. I have read on searches on this site (and elsewhere) that Nippon Denso alternators are an easy fix cos the bits tend to be kept on the shelf. I have no idea whether this is actually true or not cos I haven't got around to sorting my alternator out yet!

Comment

Thanks for that, I am going to try to sort it tommorrow...

Comment

It's not only the wiring that's different, that can be fixed, it's the position of the exhauster that's the main issue. One is at the back the other at the front.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I have a couple here, can you post a pic of yours and I'll see if mine match.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            I have a couple here, can you post a pic of yours and I'll see if mine match.

I will post a piccy once I can get it out......bottom bolt stuck half way out wil post in an hour or so!!

Thanks

Mark

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...454#post727454 did'nt mean to run 2 threads so will post only on the other one
            Last edited by madcampbell; 28 July 2011, 12:11.

Comment

Working...
            X