No announcement yet.

RIP Amy Winehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity deaths always divide opinion,especially when the "celeb" was as unhappy as this one. Whatever anyone thinks of her or the predicament she found herself in, to lose ones life at the age of 27 is harsh, no matter wether that person be a celebrity or not.

Comment

Great music sadly missed ........ But was out of control as a celebrity, lost interest with all her drug antics etc.
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Not a medical expert in any shape or form , but recently I have working at a few "mental health type conventions".

Two issues stood out to me.
        (i) A child's upbringing in the first 5 years determines how the rest of its life will turn out, these are the most critical years and its essential love and affection is shown. Amazing stuff with MRI scans of kids brains etc.
        (ii) That spark of genius that some show has its downside, call it ADHD or whatever, there is always a trade off and perhaps it can explain some celebrities sometimes erratic behaviour.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I wonder whether some so called celebs are so surrounded by 'yes' men and sycophants that they end up actually believing that they are somehow better than others, and are somehow indestructible. Living beyond the real world, having so much money and opportunity could well be enough to turn you a bit weird.

Look at Jedward!!!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Look at Jedward!!!
            I'd rather not!!
            Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              I wonder whether some so called celebs are so surrounded by 'yes' men and sycophants that they end up actually believing that they are somehow better than others, and are somehow indestructible. Living beyond the real world, having so much money and opportunity could well be enough to turn you a bit weird.

Look at JUDWAK!!!
              ^^^^^.....Quite.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

i was not turned this way
                i was born like it
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

She was not a bad singer, but that said i guess they'll turn her into some sort of superstar or saint, it was her lifestyle choice therefore her fault and nobody elses, i have much more sympathy for the poor buggers in Norway and their familys, they didn't get a lifestyle choice,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

There is usually a plausible reason why someone chooses the road of self destruction. Some of us cope and some of us don't. I wonder what her reason was.. that is all.

Mrs B

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      There is usually a plausible reason why someone chooses the road of self destruction. Some of us cope and some of us don't. I wonder what her reason was.. that is all.

Mrs B
                      Have you ever heard anything her dad has said? That's your reason right there.

A crying shame. I hated her music and her whole public persona, but it's always terrible to see a young life lost.

I hope it opens people's minds up a bit to the number of kids and young adults who have ended up going down the same route and makes them want to step in and help, but I doubt it.

Norway is a truly sad story. Going for kids too....a real tragic mess.

Comment

She chose to live that way, if we were all following the same path then it would be a terrible world to live in. I'll miss her, great talent.

Watch her first appearance on 'Later with Jools Holland' just amazing.
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

It would appear that she was, at least partially, reformed.

This revelation won't bother some (too stuck up their own arses), but it did make me a wee bit sadder at her passing.
                          Last edited by Albannach; 23 August 2011, 18:13. Reason: More vowel troubles.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            It would appear that she was, at least partially, reformed.

This revalation won't bother some (too stuck up their own arses), but it did make me a wee bit sadder at her passing.
                            I agree. What's a revalation?
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                              I agree. What's a revalation?
                              Don't know.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                                I agree. What's a revverlayshun?
                                Dunno?
                                Non intercooled nothing.