Hilux Surf Low Emisson Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux Surf Low Emisson Zone

Recently the Transport for London hit hard on Hilux Surf owners in London announcing the Low Emission Zone will apply starting January 3rd 2012.

With great thanks to a RoughTrax customer (Mr Lawton) we can now provide you with the possible process of turning your Hilux Surf into a compliant vehicle.
    Click on the link below for the recommended process as successfully carried out by Mr. Lawton;

www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.php?doc=250

RoughTrax want to give special thanks to Mr Lawton for providing us with these helpful proceedings.
    Hopefully, with this information people affected by the LEZ can resolve there issue too.

Regards,

Jack - RoughTrax

Jack, does this apply to 2.7 petrols or just diesels?
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

im compliant
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

no its just diesels, good work mr lawton and jack
        JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

mine is diesel ,but classed as estate

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
            no its just diesels, good work mr lawton and jack
            Thank you!

Comment

If you are concerned you might be inside the low emission zone type your reg into the TfL's compliance checker -
              https://lowemissionzone.tfl.gov.uk/b...videVRM.faces?

Comment

Originally posted by RoughTrax View Post
                Thank you!
                oooops sorry forgot to say thanks as well

also other advice that works if you fail lez is change reg

folks im joking ,,honest
                Last edited by joker??; 22 July 2011, 16:32.

Comment

Nice one Jack thanks for the tip n Roughtrax for the headsup ...
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Yep, thanks Jack. Just have to remember when going to the smoke to drive the shabby paint jobbed 2.7 petrol instead of the diesel!
                    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

So here's a different scenario for ya...
                      Today I received an non-compliance notice (YES my truck is an Estate) on my V5C what !!

I rang the DVLA first to confirm their records corresponded with what was on my V5 easy ya may think ....
                      The very nice helpful Lady confirmed my Truck was an "Estate" then the fun started !!
                      My V5C gave the Gross Vehicle weight as 2215kgs, their records show a 3.5 ton GVW.
                      V5C also shows a Seating capacity (including driver) of 150, yes 150

I put it to the young Lady that they the (DVLA) have supplied Tfl with wrongful info n would they put it right, "yes" she said, send us a photocopy of your V5C and a downloadable filled out "Low Emission Zone Vehicle Registration form from the Tfl website n send it in to us at DVLA n it will be
                      looked at again.

Hope this helps

this info given in good faith n may differ from other helpful LEZ info
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                        My V5C gave the Gross Vehicle weight as 2215kgs, their records show a 3.5 ton GVW.
                        V5C also shows a Seating capacity (including driver) of 150, yes 150
                        That's quite bus you've got there....

This is resolvable as my surf has been taken off the list following a few letters to dvla and tfl so we know that there is a happy outcome once they're informed of the mistakes. You're doing the right thing sorting this out now as sorting out after a fine has been issued is bound to get messy.

Comment

Letters used etc were posted here btw: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70107

Comment

Working...
                          X