I have just picked this car up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have just picked this car up

Hi, just found you site! And have a few questions which I am sure you can help me with.

I collected this Car on Sunday: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT and I am having trouble finding the right model on the insurance websites to get it insured. In the log book it’s just listed as a Toyota, and has no model listed.
    I have insured it as a Toyota Hilux Surf (4 Runner) 3.0 1997 Japan import, and there is no listing for a Turbo Intercooler?.

I will be giving her a quick oil change this weekend using 10w 40 oil will this be OK?

I am looking forward to driving off road on our shoot this season, and hope I don’t get stuck like I did using the Porsche Cayenne!.

All the best,

Tony.
    Last edited by highgun; 24 July 2011, 19:48.

Edited link.

Comment

First of all, welcome on board, enjoy your stay.
      Secondly, are you looking on those comparison websites?
      Thirdly, Try Adrian Flux, Sureterm Direct, they will know what truck you have.
      Forthly, go on admit it, you only bought it because of the wheels and cabbage launcher didn't you!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

I have managed to sort out the insurance (I think via Admiral Indian call centre).

I ended up getting the oil and filter changed at National Tyres, as they can do it cheaper than I can buy the parts for, only charged me £25! with 7 Litres of Castrol Magnatec

As for the Wheels and Rocket launcher, at 48 years old I still have a bit of boy racer in me, and couldn’t resist it!.

Comment

Welcome!

That's a gorgeous looking truck you got there mate, very nice!
          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

We bought ours from the same dealer who seems to have a good reputation on this site. Hopefully you did not pay over the odds for insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
              We bought ours from the same dealer who seems to have a good reputation on this site.
              He's a member of this site also.

Comment

Very nice looking truck, love the wheels and tyres,
                there's many insurance co's that dont seem to know what a surf is, one even had a surf in their tv ad but dont know what it is when asked for a quote
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks Guys!

I took it off road at the farm on Sunday in Kent, we have had a lot of rain lately, and it was very muddy, up and down some very steep hills, I was almost disappointed that it never got stuck, it was too easy!.

The only problem I have is it is listed as a light 4x4 utility in the log book, so I have written to the DVLA and listed a few changes (the vin number K2N should be KZN, no model listed so Hilux Surf, and imported as light 4x4 utility and should be Estate) sent some photos to show it’s not a pick up or utility, so I hope it gets changed, Can’t afford £100 a day to enter London!

All the Best,

Tony.

Comment

hello welcome
                    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hello and welcome!

I like the blue over black, looks far better than the usual silver!

It's not the "revised interior" as advertised, but who cares, the truck looks great!
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                      X