Homebrew winch bumper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebrew winch bumper...

Just googling after the winch bumper thread, and found this...

The hoops look a little funny, and not sure about the winch accrss vents... but this looks pretty ###### good!

http://www.yotatech.com/f88/bandit-r...-build-206103/

Not so sure about the plywood effec though
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

nice looking bumper
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

It's something i'd like to make, might still do if i can get my hands on some stainless steel plate or a load of offcuts
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

The same person has done a custom rear bumper build to match the front. He looks to have spent a lot of time and effort to get his surf looking the way he wants. I think he was talking about selling the plans to the front bumper design to interested parties.

http://www.yotatech.com/f88/bandit-r...-build-225032/

Comment

Just wondering how the extra weight up front affects on road handling. I get enough understeer as it is without too much provocation already, and i've had the standard 4 wheel geo done recently so mine should be OK.

Although i appreciate the old bumper weighs something i can't imagine it weighs as much as this DIY special, and once you've stuffed a heavy winch in there it seems a lot of extra weight up front.

Some of the professional installs i've seen use the original bumper and extra reinforcement to fit a winch, and that looks preferable to me but i bet the cost difference is significant.

Perhaps it doesn't matter when you're off road but i wonder what the effect is if you do any significant road work apart from, more weight = less mpg.

It does look really good though in a mad max kind of way.
          Now it's time to play!

Comment

Too much style over substance for me I'm afraid, easier and more practical results can be made from tube. An awful lot of hours to get to where he is.
            It does look good though.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              Too much style over substance for me I'm afraid, easier and more practical results can be made from tube. An awful lot of hours to get to where he is.
              It does look good though.
              I must admit that I like it (both the front and the rear that he has done) and was really close to asking yoshie if he could make both for my 3rd gen in the other bumper thread, my problem is both exactly as you stated above and that I can't decide which style looks better as I like both.
              Neal

Comment

Working...
              X