Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone From Bournemouth?

Hi

Looks like work want me to move down to Bournemouth for 6 months. Anyone have any suggestions for nice areas to live in? Walking distance to the sea would be nice...

Cheers
    James

Originally posted by JamesG View Post
    Hi

Looks like work want me to move down to Bournemouth for 6 months. Anyone have any suggestions for nice areas to live in? Walking distance to the sea would be nice...

Cheers
    James
    What's your budget for accomodation? I'll have a word with a mate that lives down that-a-way.

Also, the last time I went down to a party at one of my mate's old houses I felt rather uncomfortable when a group of us, walking back from the beach, kinda got stretched out. The amount of cottagers/flashers was rather surprising, as was how blatent they were!

Comment

Hi Rustinho

Budget not a problem as work will be paying. Have a young family so somewhere away from the flashers would be perfect!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
        What's your budget for accomodation? I'll have a word with a mate that lives down that-a-way.

Also, the last time I went down to a party at one of my mate's old houses I felt rather uncomfortable when a group of us, walking back from the beach, kinda got stretched out. The amount of cottagers/flashers was rather surprising, as was how blatent they were!
        Hahaha, the motto is! dont get strung out in bournmouth
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ok, just heard back from my mate...

areas to live? good areas are westbourne, parkstone (nearer poole but well served by public transport.) also southbourne is nice, livelier places are bournemouth centre and charminster are good. areas to avoid are winton and boscombe. but even those places arent that bad, just not as nice as others. also steer WELL clear of dave wells (property agent). his flats are terrible (i.e damp) and hes bad with deposits etc.
          Hope thats helpful info.

Comment

Perfect! Thanks Rustinho.

Comment

Another vote for Parkstone here-but stay the north side of Ashley Road if you want reasonable rents.

If there's anything for rent on Princess Road near the big roundabout (just outside Parkstone) it's quite nice down there and road access is good but it's quiet. Big gardens too.

Comment

...and i thought Bournemouth was meant to be a nice place!!
                Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
                  ...and i thought Bournemouth was meant to be a nice place!!
                  Same as anywhere really - some good and some bad.

Only more flashers and cottagers than most places!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                    Same as anywhere really - some good and some bad.

Only more flashers and cottagers than most places!
                    Man I must have led a sheltered life. Whats a cottager?

I would suggest Christchurch. A few towns along the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.rosco View Post
                      Man I must have led a sheltered life. Whats a cottager?

I would suggest Christchurch. A few towns along the coast.
                      Hope that helps! (Not work safe - think George Michael & public loos!)

Comment

Working...
                      X