yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with the Wrangler Jeep??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with the Wrangler Jeep??

Apart from the fact thats it a piece of sh§t!
    My neighbour has a 2004 Wrangler that the clutch has failed on,and I've agreed to help him repair it. First problem I have is I can't identify what type of engine and gearbox, to order the new clutch!
    Anyone??

Cheers

Mark

PS I've tried the Wrangler forum and its next to u/s

Might you be better off asking on a forum that leaned more to the gay side of life ?

Even a 3rd gen owner would hesitate to get involved with most Wranglers !

PS
    In case you're wondering, I haven't got a clue

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
      My neighbour has a 2004 Wrangler that the clutch has failed on,and I've agreed to help him repair it. First problem I have is I can't identify what type of engine and gearbox, to order the new clutch!
      Anyone??

Cheers

Mark

A wrangler can out perform a Surf off road.
      Brian

Comment

only if it makes it to the offroad site....

He said its a heap of shite, not its better than a Surf offroad..You can't compare a SWB solid axle Jeep to a LWD IFS Surf anyway, chalk and cheese. A Wrangler is only good for fun, a Surf will do almost anything you need a car to do.

I prefer LWD offroaders personally anyway, much more predicable on steep slopes and steps.

Car parts shop normally only need the Reg number to order you bits.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Now this has already descended into a debate I would like to offer a dilemma. I have been offroad in a Wrangler (on a tour) and it was capable of doing the most incredible things. It was also bright pink.

I also lived in Sydney for a few years and can confirm that the Wrangler is, indeed, the vehicle of choice for 'confirmed batchelors'.

Comment

Oh yeah, and trying to be helpful, get the codes off the VIN plate.

Comment

Yes I know it's crap and gay and all that,but as Tony said I'm just tring to find out what clutch we need.
              The car is French registered,and I'd like to order the parts from the UK due to the high cost of spares here in France.Dealers are telling me the 2.4 was only up to 2002 and this one was registered in 2004.

The TJ Wrangler forum has 420 users online but I cant get the info I need!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

He said its a heap of shite, not its better than a Surf offroad..You can't compare a SWB solid axle Jeep to a LWD IFS Surf anyway, chalk and cheese. A Wrangler is only good for fun, a Surf will do almost anything you need a car to do.

I prefer LWD offroaders personally anyway, much more predicable on steep slopes and steps.

I did and the wrangler is better.

That's all I want trucks for

55mpg so I bought a Passat
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                  Oh yeah, and trying to be helpful, get the codes off the VIN plate.
                  Thanks Sancho
                  Thats the problem,I cant find one,and don't have even an owners manual!!
                  All I can find is the chassis no on the front Leg

This Wrangler has NEVER been off road,dosen't even have a tow bar,it just graces the streets of Paris,when its not down here on holiday!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

LWD?......Is that a new technical abbreviation Tony?..........Cheers....Mick.
                    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                      Anyone??

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark. Is it a diesel? Some time ago, Wranglers were using Peugeot engines and boxes. Take a look at the box. If the bellhousing is seperate and the main casing bolts together in two halves, along the centreline, then it's the Peugeot. Hope this helps.....Cheers....Mick.
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                        Hi Mark. Is it a diesel? Some time ago, Wranglers were using Peugeot engines and boxes. Take a look at the box. If the bellhousing is seperate and the main casing bolts together in two halves, along the centreline, then it's the Peugeot. Hope this helps.....Cheers....Mick.
                        Thanks Mick

Sorry should have said it's a 2.4 petrol There appears to be 2 capacities 2429cc And 2495cc but are both badge 2.4,I THINK!!

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                          LWD?......Is that a new technical abbreviation Tony?..........Cheers....Mick.

It's possible that Tony was under the alffluence of incohol last night so may not be performing to his normal standard ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I had a black 4.0Ltr petrol Safari. ###### good vehicle, with legendary off-road capability out of the box. Thirsty as hell around town and when playing though to the point of requiring your own private tanker to follow you around. Wasn't too bad on the motorway at 70mph.

Went up and down the sand dunes in North Wales no probs (once upon a time you could get right onto the whole of the beach at Prestatyn and point of Ayr). Take the doors and hardtop off, unlock the windscreen and fix forward and it looks very cool indeed.

Properly modified they make a very capable mud plugger and awesome rock crawler. Next to bugger all overhangs either end i've no doubt helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYK4hfpcT-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5exXzluVMU

I fail to see what's gay about any of this!!
                            Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post

I fail to see what's gay about any of this!!
                              Nothing at all. It's just a fact that they are a gay icon.

Comment

Working...
                              X