Engine light on the dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine light on the dash

Anyone know exactly what this means if it comes on?

I've had it into the garage to sort out the turbo and they say some of the hoses were in the wrong place and one was perished.
    They've sorted this out but now say the engine light comes on.
    Any ideas?

Originally posted by Dolph
    Anyone know exactly what this means if it comes on?

I've had it into the garage to sort out the turbo and they say some of the hoses were in the wrong place and one was perished.
    They've sorted this out but now say the engine light comes on.
    Any ideas?
    try disconnecting the battery for 15-30 minutes
    this will reset the ecu to factory settings and it may be just a tempoprary trick of the light!...
    if not then you will have to do the ecu self test which someone will post soon... this will flash the dash lights i a sequence and you can refer the number of flashes to the fault code.

(of course i'd also check no connections have come adrift from any sensors!)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
      try disconnecting the battery for 15-30 minutes
      this will reset the ecu to factory settings and it may be just a tempoprary trick of the light!...
      if not then you will have to do the ecu self test which someone will post soon... this will flash the dash lights i a sequence and you can refer the number of flashes to the fault code.

(of course i'd also check no connections have come adrift from any sensors!)
      So does the light flash a certain amount of time depending on the fault or is this only after the test?
      Apparently it flashes on when you really give it some.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolph
        So does the light flash a certain amount of time depending on the fault or is this only after the test?
        Apparently it flashes on when you really give it some.
        it plashes a set number of times depending on the fault... eg. (and just an example) 1 flash could mean air sensor 2 flashes could mean oil sensor... i don't know the sequence but it's all posted on here somwhere!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Here is a link to a section in the Aussie FAQs

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=729

Neville

Comment

Working...
          X