That's always nice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
    Random thought bubble that was popped by the original post in this thread...

My Surf has a 2 inch body lift. This means there is a 2 inch gap between the top of the fuel tank and the body of the truck.

Has anyone used this gap to fit a bigger fuel tank? It annoys the hell out of me when I'm on a long journey and need to stop to fill up with diesel cos I can't put enough veggie oil in for the whole trip!

If so, what fuel tank did you fit?
    Hi Rusty. If you look at the Aussie site, they've got loads of info on extending fuel range, including this........http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...ankinaSurf.htm
    ...............Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      I got a picnic chair out
      Picnic Chair... Not a folding chair, a camping chair, a garden chair, a beach chair, a directors chair, a fishing chair, a rocking chair, a lawn chair, a patio chair?

Definitely a picnic chair?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
        Hi Rusty. If you look at the Aussie site, they've got loads of info on extending fuel range, including this........http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...ankinaSurf.htm
        ...............Cheers....Mick.
        Yeah, seen the 4 different fuel tank write ups on there before. If money was no object I'd love the capacity from 2 x Long Ranger tanks but at nearly two grand it'd be a bit of a daft option!

I was hoping that someone might have an idea for a straight swap for a bigger tank (something off a Land Cruiser maybe) that I might have a chance of picking up at a local scrappy/fleabay or something.

I'll measure up the size of the original tank & see what I can see (if I remember!) the next time I go to a scrap yard for anything.

First priority is to sort the alternator out, the fuel tank was just a bit of idle dreaming really...

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          Definitely a picnic chair?
          Yes, definitely a picnic chair. We had 2 of them that we bought in a set with another thing called a picnic table.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            I NEVER reverse to a passing place if the nearest one is in front of me. If folk can't reverse, they shouldn't be driving forwards either. The last time I had trouble with a non reversing idiot, I got a picnic chair out and sat down to read the paper.

They shouted and swore a lot.

Brilliant. I wish I'd been there.

Although why am I not more surprised?

Comment

I'm so angry I could get a picnic chair!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

One of my close friends had an argument with an oncoming car who, had in fact just passed a pull in point and tried to force my friend into reversing. Anyway as it happens my mate is a bit of a hothead so he gets out of the car locks the doors and walks away saying something like "it's staying there til you learn to reverse you ignorant tw@t" the guy soon found reverse!!
                I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

In 40+ years of motoring, Ive faced many situations but never been at the stage of "picnic chair" annoyed. Its a good job really as I cant remember any occasions where Ive been armed with one.
                  I do get mildly annoyed when people who I let out or let in, dont wave or acknowledge the fact, but sometimes even thats not too big a deal if Im only doing the letting out and in thing to annoy the impatient gits behind me. I think some of them definitely get "picnic chair" annoyed. Its a shame really as I think Im helping them by demonstrating that showing a bit of good manners doesnt halt your progress to whichever urgent thing you are going to.
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                  X