No announcement yet.

Engine swap question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOT or the Irish equivalent is every two years but more stringent. There are far fewer test centres all of which only carry out MOTs as no private garages are authorised to do this. I was really glad to have the Surf while we were in Ireland. Not so much for the 4 wheel drive but for the beefy construction - the amount of relatively new smaller cars (with the much lower tax banding) failing their MOTs due to knackered suspension due to the dreadful condition of all but the major new roads was shocking.

Comment

It wouldn't be a situation where I'd constantly have to do engine swaps every year, that would be ridiculous. The inspection is only done once and from then on you pay tax for the smaller rated engine. It's only being naughty if the original engine is put back in, which I now realise, from talking to all you wonderful, mature, intelligent and above all law abiding gentlemen, is something I would never consider. . Now that all the morality is out of the way does anyone know of a small capacity engine which would bolt straight in and connect to the original auto box or am I looking at a complete bast##d of a job?

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Eagle View Post
        ...... does anyone know of a small capacity engine which would bolt straight in and connect to the original auto box or am I looking at a complete bast##d of a job?

No.
        Yes.

Is that succinct enough?

Comment

Succinct yes, happy no.

Comment

Working...
          X