Milners Exhaust For 3rd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milners Exhaust For 3rd gen

I replaced the exhaust on my 98 Surf yesterday with one from Milners.
    The center and tailpipe sections were corroded and were blowing a bit.
    Toyota in Ireland wanted €650 for the two sections so I contacted Milners and they sent me the exhaust for £191 delivered.
    The fit was 95% perfect, a little tweak of the brackets required. I have noticed that the exhaust note is a lot quiter and the Surf feels more lively. Seems to accelerate quicker.

And a big saving on the Irish price!!

Originally posted by Cmar
    I replaced the exhaust on my 98 Surf yesterday with one from Milners.
    The center and tailpipe sections were corroded and were blowing a bit.
    Toyota in Ireland wanted €650 for the two sections so I contacted Milners and they sent me the exhaust for £191 delivered.
    The fit was 95% perfect, a little tweak of the brackets required. I have noticed that the exhaust note is a lot quiter and the Surf feels more lively. Seems to accelerate quicker.

And a big saving on the Irish price!!
    Not a bad price alright, my tail section is also full of holes (all along the seam) and I reckon the box won't last too long as its got some interesting buldges forming... so the decision is Milners, of fab my own... decisions, decisions
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Guys, the whole exhaust on my 1990 Surf has holes everywhere - uncle in Toyota main dealer gave me price (all euros) of:

Front pipe: 118.80
      Centre/silencer: 600.00
      Back pipe: 143.55

That's €862.35!

Kwik Fit in Santry say they'll probably be able to put a 1990 Hilux complete exhaust on for about €250 - I'll keep you posted.

Milners complete would come to about €430 delivered inc vat.

Can someone confirm my understanding of the exhaust on a 1990 Surf...

There's a front pipe from the engine manifold, to a 10"-ish braided steel flexi hose, to the back pipe which includes the silencer just in front of the back axle?

I presume there would be a seal/gasket at each joining of pipework?

Has anyone here ever put a Hilux exhaust on a Surf, even with mods?

Mark
      :

Comment

i went for a custom stainless one which is nicely tucked above the chassis rails for £70 more than the milners one... it's nice!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
          i went for a custom stainless one which is nicely tucked above the chassis rails for £70 more than the milners one... it's nice!
          I had a peak under your 'slug sleep shed' at the weekend . Nice fitting exhaust , but shame the chassis rails will rot and the brackets they welded will fall off as you/they have not reundersealed the area the welded brackets were welded on to .

Rick
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            I had a peak under your 'slug sleep shed' at the weekend . Nice fitting exhaust , but shame the chassis rails will rot and the brackets they welded will fall off as you/they have not reundersealed the area the welded brackets were welded on to .

Rick
            it's only the near side one he missed... i'd forgot i meant to do it!

Comment

Dabigman,

Would you recommend them to fellow members, or not...?

If so, who were they...? and would you consider them 'surf' friendly.

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                Dabigman,

Would you recommend them to fellow members, or not...?

If so, who were they...? and would you consider them 'surf' friendly.

andyL
                yeah, it's not such a "plush" outfit as the website or flyers would show but they were good!... 3 hrs it took and they were right next to a pub!... they'll fit any exhaust to anything, bend and weld as they go!... there's a few places doing it. i went to bristol, only to be asked about it later that day and the bloke asked if i got it done at that place in basingstoke!!!.

give them a go!
                www.longlifestainless.co.uk

ok... so that's the wrong web address!....um... they're calles longlife exhausts anyway!

Comment

Working...
                X