Front lower wishbones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front lower wishbones

managed to get away with an advisory for excessive corrosion on front wishbone (only drivers side), in fairness probably a fail but common sense and a promise/trust to resolve got me through

so do I replace said wishbone if so how big a job is it and is there a brief on here as to what to do?

or

do I get my mate MR MIG out and plate over the corrosion?

Is this a common one on 4 runners or is it down to a blockage and water retention soemwhere?

cheers

Ideally want to get another couple of years from her then upgrade to a 3rd gen however it is a shame that corrosion is overtaking the mechanics....the engine is so sweet as is the other key parts but guess given it has spent 17 years on uk roads it is to be expected.

Its pretty common on Surfs too TBH, the lower wishbones get scraped easily with any sort of offroading and will rust, and they have holes between the two welded halves that will fill with mud and salt.

I tend to just swap them for good used ones when I get a truck with the problem , its less hassle than trying to repair them.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X