Essentials for picking up Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essentials for picking up Surf

My Surf finally arrives in the country tomorrow and I might get to collect it Friday / Monday.

Can anyone recommend essentials to take with me? All being well I'll be driving it back from the autoport.

Cheers,

Rob.

Originally posted by robinbooth
    My Surf finally arrives in the country tomorrow and I might get to collect it Friday / Monday.

Can anyone recommend essentials to take with me? All being well I'll be driving it back from the autoport.

Cheers,

Rob.
    Loadsa dosh for fuel, cos you'll just wanna drive n drive n drive n drive.
    Also, make sure you brush your teeth properly before you go, cos you will have one hell of a grin on you while youre driving it.
    One last thing, practise the Surf acknowledgement wave too, make sure you keep the wrist rigid, wave hand side to side, definately not up and down. Surf drivers done have limp wrists.
    But, most importantly.........ENJOY

Comment

Yep:
      Don't drive it home
      Do have it transported instead
      Don't drive it without insurance
      Do insure her
      Don't let the shipping (import ) comany let you sign for her without visual inspection.
      Do carry out a visiual inspection & note any problems on the documentation, ie extra bumps or bits missing, especially is there were extra tyres etc. & claim, thats what your marine insurance is for.
      Don't let them drive it to far.
      Do check - water / oils / batteries / tyre condition / belts etc. ( even if being transported.
      Technically you are only allowed to drive from port of entry to a MOT station where you have an arranged MOT appointment. Others have & will drive home etc, carryout mods, then drive to MOT test station, most get away with it, but know of two people who have been stopped by our finest, & fined very heavy, in fact one nearly lost his licence.
      If you are driving her : Good & full tool box, spare water & oil, wet weather clothing, overalls, flashing orange light etc etc etc

Then you know that nothing will happen.

Good Surfing M8

Sewerat Bob
      [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

You are allowed to drive, (insured) the vehicle to a place where work is going to be done for it's MOT and / or SVA. This can either be a garage or your home address, (obviously kept off the road).

The only company I found that would insure me to drive my pre registered Surf was Footman James, they insured it with the chassis No.

I checked the legalities in March, it may be best to check again if anything has changed.

Damian
        Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X