No announcement yet.

Throttle butterfly removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "performance" modification I did this weekend was to get a garden hose and wash out my air filter. I don't think the Green air filters are servicable that way. K&N mention something about conditioning oil.. blah blah. Still, noticed it picks up a bit better
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

LOL, if you don't oil a K&N filter you may as well leave it out!

Fool.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Fool.

There's been something in the water this week eh?

Comment

Originally posted by meooo View Post
          Couldn't have been that much left to rebuild....surely a new motor was called for?

They use a lot JB weld and Sellotape in Essex.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            They use a lot JB weld and Sellotape in Essex.
            aint you got some fault codes to work on
            JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              There's been something in the water this week eh?
              Hope not, he's not that far from me. I'll stick to beer for a while.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I don't have a K&N on the Surf. Just one of those cheapy "Green" air filters. They aren't oiled from factory so think I'm alright on that one.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

For some strange reason, Transit connects have a habit of filling the intercooler with oil and waiting until they're in for service before they decide to rev their nuts off
                  What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

I wrote quite a lengthy explanation as to why a diesel engine will kill its self long before it mechanically over revs, but I can't be bothered with the fight that would ensue.
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Are you saying you wrote and then burned that lenghty article or is it available to read somewhere?
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        Are you saying you wrote and then burned that lenghty article or is it available to read somewhere?
                        No and no.
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Fool.

From K & N's website FAQ's

Do K&N air filters come pre-oiled or must they be oiled before using?
                          Almost all K&N air filters come pre-oiled and ready to use. The filter oil we use is red. A new oiled filter will appear red-pink in color.

How often do I need to clean my K&N air filter?

If you have not experienced a decrease in mileage or engine performance, chances are your filter is fine and does not yet need cleaning. To be more specific, the filter does not require cleaning if you can still see the wire screen on the entire air filter regardless of how dirty it may appear. When the screen is no longer visible some place on the filter, it is time to clean it. When used in normal paved road, street or highway conditions, our replacement air filters that fit in the factory air box should require cleaning every 50,000 miles and our large conical filters on an intake system should require cleaning every 100,000 miles. When used in dusty or off-road environments, our filters will require cleaning more often. We recommend that you visually inspect your filter once every 25,000 miles to determine if the screen is still visible.
                          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

That means I have about 49'000 miles on mine before it needs cleaning

Re. the butterfly in the throttle, check for spiders in the airbox too.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              That means I have about 49'000 miles on mine before it needs cleaning

Re. the butterfly in the throttle, check for spiders in the airbox too.
                              There was a wasp.
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X