Land Rover Discovery 6x6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Rover Discovery 6x6

Not a Surf I know,but I thought you lot may be interested.Spotted this while out for a drive in the sun.Nice man let me have a drive yesterday,stable at speed,11 seats,six at the rear facing inwards,air diff locks all round,fwh on front and rear axles,fully trimmed out inside the rear cabin area to exactly match the original LR stuff at front.Said it was a 3.9 tdi under the bonnet.He bid at auction on Canvey Island,but told me it was a special import from Japan of all places,not Longbridge Special Vehicles,I didnt ask him what he paid

p.s. I am sure it only has 205 tyres on it
    Last edited by HONEST AL; 30 March 2012, 18:24.

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
    I can only see 6.
    Сви можемо

Comment

Looks like an offroad hearse, not in a derogetory way, its pretty cool. I'd have have made that back side windows all one piece though.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I don't think it would ever manage the 'pipe' thing at Drumclog!
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I bet the middle tyres wear down quickly, especially when cornering.

Comment

Surf would look better

Brian

Comment

It appears to have a shine to it which would suggest that you actually can polish a turd

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                I can only see 6.
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Not a Surf I know,but I thought you lot may be interested.Spotted this while out for a drive in the sun.Nice man let me have a drive yesterday,stable at speed,11 seats,six at the rear facing inwards,air diff locks all round,fwh on front and rear axles,fully trimmed out inside the rear cabin area to exactly match the original LR stuff at front.Said it was a 3.9 tdi under the bonnet.He bid at auction on Canvey Island,but told me it was a special import from Japan of all places,not Longbridge Special Vehicles,I didnt ask him what he paid

Interesting looking vehicle, Al. Whereabouts were you when you saw it?

(PS Sorry for not getting around to calling you this week - things have been a bit busy at my end of things. Assuming everything goes ok I'll give you a shout next week)

Comment

disco 6x6 & @ Rusty

It s not too for from me,prior to me spotting it he has had several land rovers,looks like he may be a serious off roader.If you come up this way I can show it to you,even for a landy owner he seems fairly pleasant to talk to,he was just doing some building work at home when I saw it,asked if I could take some photos and he said yes.
                    Dont worry about not calling,been busy myself,Suzies KA failed its mot so mad panic to find her something.Alan

P.S. I agree with Tony,would look better with a full length rear window,and it would suit being a hearse

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      Surf would look better

Agreed

Comment

That is pretty cool (although i aggree the surf would look better "stretched")
                        just sent the link to my son, see if he or his mate want to alter their defenders
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Tacr's look better

Comment

A hearse hmmmm, would look better in the box and buried.
                            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                            My choice
                            Back off

Comment

Hey Al. About nine years ago We did a touring holiday of South Wales in our first Surf. For a couple of nights, we stayed in a nice little seaside town called Saundersfoot. The beastie in the pic below was a regular on the beach. The pic is an archive photo, because sadly, I didn't take any......Cheers....Mick.
                              Attached Files
                              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                              X