Quick Q How Much Brake Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Q How Much Brake Fluid

Replacing flexible hoses with the RT kit, just want to know how much fluid roughtly to purchase to purge the system/refill?
    TIA
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

About two egg cups.

Comment

Sorry, specifically to replace all the fluid....?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

A litre bottle will suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          A litre bottle will suffice.
          Cheers Mate. Off to the shops...
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

When I did mine I used about 2 litres but I was trying to make sure I got all the old fluid out
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Okay, thanks for the replies - gonna tackle this in the morning... and risk it with the 1 litre bottle...there's always halfrauds till 4pm if I run out.
              Now apart from bleeding in the set order RNS, ROS, FNS, FOS, is there anything else I need to know before I end up with a very heavy lump of metal stuck on my drive?!?!
              I've bled brakes before on old cars, so assume the Surf is no different - just want to be sure!
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Also bleed at the LSV
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  Also bleed at the LSV
                  After RNS?
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                    After RNS?
                    Aye that would be fine.
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      Aye that would be fine.
                      Thankyou.
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Well, that was fun!

Front off side.
                        Nobody mentioned that a 15 year old nut would be SO difficult to get off!
                        Had a new 10mm spanner - rounded it off.
                        Molegrips - rounded it a bit more.
                        Hammer and screwdriver to drive it round - failed.

So, got a blowlamp from a neighbour and heated the b@stard up... got it nice and hot, turned round to reach for the hose pipe to quickly cool it and the whole pipe came apart at the rubber bit, spraying fluid everywhere....

Lesson Learnt.
                        Went back together a doddle.

Front nearside came apart fine, with a "little" help this time from mr burner.

and finally, the only one I actually wanted to replace at the rear again came off fine with a little heat persuasion - boy was I sweating holding a blue flame that close to a large tank of flammable liquid!

Anyway, went back together fine, bled the system, didn't get time to flush it through though, so will tackle that another day.

Another Job done, Oh and got a nice new blue pipe actually connecting my air filter to the inlet now!

Bring on Avalanche - I'm ready!
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                        X