Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Runner difference?

Hi, showing my complete naivety -
    I've spotted an N reg 3L turbo 4 Runner for sale, its sitting next to a KZN130 surf . Are they mechanically the same? I.e. Are parts for the 4 Runner as cheap and accesible as the surfs ie. are they interchangeable?

Humour my ignorance, cheers.
    Driving from the UK to SA for Combat Stress.

More electric gadgets in the Surfs. More rust on the 4Runners.
    Those are the main differences.

Comment

Most 4Runners will be manual, and the Fuel pump and engine wiring is different as Surfs are EFI, UK trucks have a manual fuel pump, everything else is the same/interchangable.

But like Vince said, big difference is rust and toys, and no cupholder!!!!
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        Most 4Runners will be manual, and the Fuel pump and engine wiring is different as Surfs are EFI, UK trucks have a manual fuel pump, everything else is the same/interchangable.

Oh and no rear heater.
        On the plus side, you get a deeper storage compartment in the centre consol and your Mars bars won't melt if you leave them in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Oh and no rear heater.
          On the plus side, you get a deeper storage compartment in the centre consol and your Mars bars won't melt if you leave them in there.
          I'm sitting at gatwick airport picking the girl friend up and me aero bubbles have done just that. A big gooey mess.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

So If we find a 4Runner in rust-free condition there isn't a lot in it really? the EFI to manual comparison won't hugely affect the performance and economy of the truck? (Also thinking about availability of spares - we're driving to south africa so would need to take a spare fuel pump I imagine)

Thanks all
            Driving from the UK to SA for Combat Stress.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              and your Mars bars won't melt if you leave them in there.
              From experience, they do..................

Comment

Originally posted by Matt.n.p View Post
                I'm sitting at gatwick airport picking the girl friend up and me aero bubbles have done just that. A big gooey mess.
                I was there at 3.20... So it was you causing all the traffic hold ups!...
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by uktosa View Post
                  ...we're driving to south africa so would need to take a spare fuel pump I imagine)
                  Could be useful but I doubt it - more likely for shocks/bearings stuff like that.

Lots of Surf/4runner spares in africa as they are basically rehashed Hilux's.
                  @africa4x4cafe
                  [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
                  X