In-ear headphones (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I really MUST have in ear buds for at least 4 reasons.

1 - Folk walking around the streets with 'proper' headphones on look like w4nkers.
    2 - I can't wear 'proper' headphones when I'm on the 'bike.
    3 - Buds are handy.
    4 - I already have 'proper' headphones.

I'll look in to the suggestions in the thread. I'm still waiting for details of all these high end buds (apart from the Grados) that make my Panasonics look cheap...
    I'm with you in all these reasons except 4)...

Shure are well respected - and there is over £100 off these at Amazon if you want uber-quality.
    For my part they are a bit silly money, plus which sound isolating is not necessarily what you want on a bike (although nearly all of the decent ones are pretty much sound isolating I guess).

These are (slightly) more senisble money, and with iPod remote functionality, which would be great for the main reason I use them, which is with an iPhone on the go. I have had Etymotics before (though not this model) - the sound quality was miles better than anythhing else I've ever used, although I can't pretend to be an audiophile. I did find them a bit uncomfortable though. But that is massively dependent on the individual so wouldn't discount them for that reason.

Comment

Must have a listen to some of these better in-ear ones out of interest. All of the ones I've ever used - which admittedly haven't been exotic - have been invariably shite compared to my Bose'. I've always found the lower end of the spectrum to be lacking in weight, definition and accuracy, and very dependent on how they fit your ear.

Henry, thats £170 odd off! If they're as good as they should be, they're probably money well spent for a music fan.
      Last edited by Apache; 30 June 2011, 23:50.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
      X