No announcement yet.

Pics of new truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colour looks ace mate and a very nice truck over all..............especially with them original rims and big tyres.
    Big rims with skinny tyres look out of place. I'd sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
      Get that bird poo off it, I don't care if it matches the stickers!

Nice colour, remember seeing it on ebay. Was up in New-cassell, no?
      Yer, Thats the one, Cost me £200 to get up there and bring it back. Will be billing insurance company though.

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
        Colour looks ace mate and a very nice truck over all..............especially with them original rims and big tyres.
        Big rims with skinny tyres look out of place. I'd sell them.
        Considering selling now. Otherwise ill just end up storing them.

May end up on ebay in the next week.

Comment

Bling wheels yuk....colour graphics and rest of the truck look great. Will pop down soon once the racking out of mine is done.

I hear there is a good bar opposite that zizi place in your pic...
          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
            Bling wheels yuk....colour graphics and rest of the truck look great. Will pop down soon once the racking out of mine is done.

I hear there is a good bar opposite that zizi place in your pic...
            Thats very kind of you sir, looking forward to seeing all your new mods.

Comment

Great looking truck mate, I do like that colour too .
              Neal

Comment

I think it must be time for another south east mini-meet
                www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Morning Al, that sounds like a spiffing idea what , same place as last time?
                  Last edited by Shalershasker; 2 July 2011, 08:39.
                  Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                    Morning Al, that sounds like a spiffing idea what , same place as last time?
                    Turned up at one awhile back..... It turned into a Billy no mates meet at a off road event.

Count me in again....I will have a bath especially this time..
                    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Nice looking 3rd gen, mate. I see it has the same defect as mine, a bit of a gap between the front bumper and the body. I'm getting that seen to shortly, can't figure out why it's happened though. There is some room for adjustment on the bolt holes that secure the bumper, but not a lot.
                      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                        Turned up at one awhile back..... It turned into a Billy no mates meet at a off road event.

Count me in again....I will have a bath especially this time..
                        Oooh, just seen your in East Grintstead so maybe not the same place, you'll have a lot more traveling to do than the rest of us, maybe somewhere in Heathfield/Uckfield area.

Was the event British Dirt by chance? I went to that, it was quite good tbh, would almost be worth buying another vehicle to compete with.
                        Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                          Nice looking 3rd gen, mate. I see it has the same defect as mine, a bit of a gap between the front bumper and the body. I'm getting that seen to shortly, can't figure out why it's happened though. There is some room for adjustment on the bolt holes that secure the bumper, but not a lot.
                          Hi Jim, I found there was quite a lot of room for adjustment of the front bumper when I did the body lift, I was surprised at how much tbh, I had a similar thing with my front bumper and on both sides (when I first undid the bolts) I found one bolt not quite as tight as the other so I guess over time it dropped.
                          Neal

Comment

Thanks for the info Neal, I have had a good look at the mounting brackets and bolts for the front bumper. I have loosened off the bolts and used a trolley jack to try and raise the bumper but to no avail. There just isn't enough adjustment on the mounting holes to allow the bumper to move a great deal closer to the body.

I think I will have to remove the bumper and elongate the holes to close the gap, a bit of a pain but no doubt worth it in the end.
                            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                              Hi Jim, I found there was quite a lot of room for adjustment of the front bumper when I did the body lift, I was surprised at how much tbh, I had a similar thing with my front bumper and on both sides (when I first undid the bolts) I found one bolt not quite as tight as the other so I guess over time it dropped.
                              Yep it was the dirt event I went to....it was a good laugh. Can travel to meet up anywhere in the south for chat and put faces to names etc etc.. Start a separate thread??
                              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Yer, I had noticed the wee gap. I'll sort it when doing the body lift.

Up for a mini meet.

Comment

Working...
                                X