Spotlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlights

I have two large spotlights on the front bullbar but they have been disconnected by the previous owner who fitted LEDS around the headlights. As we live in a rural location I am considering disconnecting the LEDs which serve no useful purpose and reconnecting the spotlights.
    Is there a correct way to do this as it is my understanding that they can only be operated when the headlights are on full beam and what should I be doing to reconnected them. Thanks.

full beam wire triggers a relay that send power from battery direct to the lamps.

If you want mega failsafe wire in each lamp with it's own relay and fuse.

Fuse if bulbs are 55W 55 / 12 = 4.6A so use 7.5A fuse.

This loom has a 3 way switch so auto on off which could be useful

Comment

Mine are wired independantly so I can use them like front fogs as opposed to true driving lights. (4x 50w)

I like them like this so when peopel forget to dip their main beams on the country lanes where I live I can give them a "regular" high beam flash as a friendly reminder. before upgrading to a full blinding
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

I thought that by law spotlights can only operate when the high beam is on. As the spots have not been used for awhile, before connecting them up, can I test them by wiring them directly to the battery to see if they are working or would that be foolhardy.

Comment

You can "test" them on the battery, just dont wire em that way or it's burned wire and/ or switch
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            You can "test" them on the battery, just dont wire em that way or it's burned wire and/ or switch
            thanks all

Comment

Working...
            X