X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council run MOT centres?

Never knew they existed.....
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot

Yeah, they are good for unbias MOT's, used to use one it town till I 'trained' the local village garage, now they do all mine hassle free.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      Yeah, they are good for unbias MOT's, used to use one it town till I 'trained' the local village garage, now they do all mine hassle free.

Takes a while to get them into line doesn't it Tony? Although I must admit the guys who MoT my cars are a decent lot and seem pretty honest, seems like they have plenty of work so don't need to make things up.

Comment

Do they lean on a wrench and just stand and look at the car?

Spoggle

Comment

There is a council run MOT centre just around the corner from my house. Never used it though so beyond being aware of it's existance I know nothing more about it...

Comment

Council. How very 1960's

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I used the local one when I worked for the council in London.... It was cheap and then I got a discount on top of that.... They were very fair and even a little bit Oh...that will be ok..... Worth a go.
              .... Which was nice.

Comment

I have used my local council MOT centre more than a few times - I think they only do a certain amount of "private" MOT's per week so booking in advance is wise.

Its worth it though because as they have no facilities or ability repair any problems with your vehicle they have no incentive to embelish advisories or create profit for themselves by failing on minor things.

Used 4 times = 4 passes and one of them I had some concerns over bushes and brake lines but all good!

Comment

Working...
                X