3rd gen owners, what are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fey!
    You're in luck. I am going to Galway for a cycling holiday in 2 weeks time and could bring them over for you. I am already delivering some race camshafts for an Alfa to a local chap so it wouldn't be any bother to bring the bars as well
    PM me if interested. If Kerrsurf doesn't need them, you can have first refusal.
    Mark
    PS Any idea how long it will take to get from Fishguard to Galway City in a Surf?

Comment

I'll happily take them off your hands. I can't seem to PM you, so PM me the price.

Are you getting the ferry to Dun Laoaighre (Dublin) or Rosslare? If it's Dublin, 2 and a half hours will get you to Galway by motorway. If it's Rosslare probably about 4 hours; I haven't been that end of the country in a while.

What part of Galway are you coming to?

Comment

Originally posted by Fey! View Post
        I'll happily take them off your hands. I can't seem to PM you, so PM me the price.

Are you getting the ferry to Dun Laoaighre (Dublin) or Rosslare? If it's Dublin, 2 and a half hours will get you to Galway by motorway. If it's Rosslare probably about 4 hours; I haven't been that end of the country in a while.

What part of Galway are you coming to?
        You can't send or receive PMs if you don't pay your subs...

Comment

Hi David (Fey!), I have sent you an email about the bars to your shop address - hope it is the right one!
          We are travelling to Galway City from Rosslare on July 4th. I haven't heard from Alan yet but they are yours if he doesn't want them.
          Cheers,
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
            You can't send or receive PMs if you don't pay your subs...

Thanks for that. That oversight has now been sorted.

The direct payment link on that wouldn't work for me, but Paypal works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fey! View Post
              markp2; if you're willing to send them to Ireland, I'll happily relieve you of them!!

You can PM a price and a postage cost if you want.
              Looks like the were offered to the original OP. Bit fucin off jumping in like that.

Good job Mark is a decent chap
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
                Fey!

PS Any idea how long it will take to get from Fishguard to Galway City in a Surf?
                Will take a long time. You've got the bottom of the the Irish Sea to negotiate!

Once you hit Rosslare, it will take you about 4-5 hours travelling the N24.
                Last edited by murph; 21 June 2011, 20:27.
                www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  I have them attached to the roof rails (4 off) on top of my 3rd gen (did I mention I had a 3rd gen?) and I was wondering if anyone has bars to fit them.
                  I think they might be standard issue from Toyota (see second pic)
                  I've got me these, they were on the Surf when I bought it. The roof bar is from Thurle (Halfords) as is the footpack or clamping kit.
                  Attached Files
                  www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
                    Yep, Thule roofbar feet. I have a spare set of roofbars which will fit these if you wanted any (and a set of stronger channel nuts to hold them on - the Thule supplied ones are a bit small for the job).
                    I like the bits of aluminium they are sitting on. This must be a mod done by the previous owner to spread the load a bit more evenly.
                    Cheers,
                    Mark

I'll take them mate.

Unless Fey has jumped in and stole them.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      Looks like the were offered to the original OP. Bit fucin off jumping in like that.

Good job Mark is a decent chap
                      Mark made it clear from the start, both here and on email, that if Kersurf came back to him they'd be his; Kersurf had and still has first refusal.

And Kersurf is taking them, so he hasn't lost out. I only gave Mark a second option.

Comment

Looks like Alan will be having the roof bars. If he changes his mind, Fey! has first option.

Murph - my geography is a bit suspect! Yes, I meant Roslare. Thanks for the time estimate.
                        Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X