Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more help needed

Originally posted by radioactivebob View Post
    I know this is a bit late and hope you got yours sorted but I had a very similar problem to yours and spent far too long sorting it out so I thought I'd post this anyway in case it helps someone.

Mine was doing the same though intermittently. Some days great and others changing gear as high as 3800 rpm.

It turns out the problem came from the ecu's grounding cable. I had checked and cleaned all the earths when I bought the car including that one but after looking around on here at a few photos of the egr mod (this is the area where the cable is attached) I noticed that this cable (its comprised of two brown wires) wasn't bolted to the right place.

Another symptom was that the ecu diagnostic was returning code 11, which I think means that the ecu has sensed that it has had a power supply problem. I suppose this would be consistent with a bad ground.

I moved the thing back to where it was supposed to be and now the car's better than it has ever been. No more over revving, way more power and as a result I get about 3-4 mpg better economy. The ecu diagnostic is now normal too.

So my conclusion is that although the ecu appeared grounded, it really needed a much better ground in order to function properly. So even if yours is in the right place check it's not oxidised or covered in crap.

anybody know where this is as got same issue again on different truck and never got it resolved on the last one need to get this sorted or i will have to get rid of teh truck as i just cant afford to keeping paying for these problems

thanks in advance

Looks like the bulkhead area, VSV valves near the EGR mechanism.
    Not sure about 2.4's though, never owned one.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
    X