Not amused!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not amused!

Got a quote from a well known insurance company who is located in the PE21 post code for £271 which I thought was a good deal. Paid deposit of £50 as we were going to take insurance out over 12 months. Changed my mind 2 weeks later and decided to pay it in full today. Balance to pay was over £280!
    Seems they added on admininstration charges and another charge to the £271 which took it up to £320 plus. However on the documentation recevied via email it clearly states that my premium is as follows;

Premium £199.50
    Ins Tax £ 14.78
    Total; £214.28

I have no idea how they managed to get it up to £320 plus. I think I need to request a breakdown as I feel as if I have been swindled! Any one else come across this?

The trouble is that by taking it over 12 months you entered a credit agreement and the extra is to compensate them for the losses they have incurred by you changing your mind ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

You basically signed up to a loan agreement, I did the same once then cancelled and got a bill for £200 in the post, they're still waiting for it. H

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
        Got a quote from a well known insurance company who is located in the PE21 post code
        Them farmer boys will do that to you.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

However I never signed any credit agreement and no DD was ever set up on my account. Anyway if you pay off a credit agreement earlier, you should get a rebate as per consumer law.
          I will be asking for a ful breakdown of charges. What is the point of a low quote if ou are going to heap on charges afterwards. No mention was made of these charges at any time.

Comment

Mention that you're going to consult the insurances ombudsman, they suddenly become more helpful when they hear that.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me. I need to wait for the breakdown before I can take any action.

Comment

Was it 2 weeks later you changed your mind or less? I think you have a 14 day cooling off period on that sort of stuff.
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Actually 16 days have passed since implementation of the cover and paying it in full. However I did phone them to query the premimum about 5 days ago and was told that they had made a mistake by stating the vehicle was a 1995 N reg instead of a 1996 N reg. They agreed to keeping it at the original price plus admin fee of about £40 plus another small fee.
                  Altogether coming to about the £271 as originally quoted. however having paid £50 deposit should have left the outstanding balance at approximately £221. A bit taken about this morning when they wanted £280 plus to settle account. somthing is not right or they have goien back on their word.
                  I had a cheaper all in quote elsewhere which included admin fees etc and woudl have made a plan to take that quote rather if I had know about all the extras added by the farmer boys.

Comment

Working...
                  X