• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's wrong with..

...coming to Scotland for a Surf.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68805

"I'll travel any distance but not Scotland"

Maybe got drunk and lost a week or two the last time they ventured over the border.

I think Gumtree in Mexico has Surfs on it.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

I would never go to Scotland for a surf or anything else for that matter.

I'd end up staying.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Mabe he's not been to the right places in Scotland or been with the right people or had Fun Alan.....
      MAD, MUD n Mayhem in Scotland or the sights are always a pleasure !!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Maybe he's scared.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Maybe if it were a 2 gen he bought, it wouldn't make it all the way to Swindon for Bonny scotland.

Comment

Hey Si there's nowt wrong with 2nd gens, both my Surfs made several trips up to Scotland, Pay n Play sightseeing n back home no problem !! not many hairdresser do that
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
              Hey Si there's nowt wrong with 2nd gens, both my Surfs made several trips up to Scotland, Pay n Play sightseeing n back home no problem !! not many hairdresser do that
              I wondered who would bite.

A 2nd gen was actually my first choice when I was looking for a surf but the hassle of having to drop the window every time I needed to get in the boot put me off so ended up buying the 3rd gen.

That's my excuse anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                I wondered who would bite.

A 2nd gen was actually my first choice when I was looking for a surf but the hassle of having to drop the window every time I needed to get in the boot put me off so ended up buying the 3rd gen.

That's my excuse anyway.
                Thats what I like about the 3rd gen too. Even though you have to swing the spare wheel out of the way and open the hatch to get in the boot, it's still quicker than dropping the rear window, reaching in to unlock then lift the handle to open the 2nd gen's tailgate.
                I just wish the hatch was a bit more than just eyebrow height when fully raised.

Comment

Thought ya mabe fishing for summat wasn't Tuna was it ?? ....
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Thats what I like about the 3rd gen too. Even though you have to swing the spare wheel out of the way and open the hatch to get in the boot, it's still quicker than dropping the rear window, reaching in to unlock then lift the handle to open the 2nd gen's tailgate.
                    I just wish the hatch was a bit more than just eyebrow height when fully raised.
                    Ye I've had a few wake up calls from the tail gate, usually at 7:30am when I'm still half asleep.

Soon brings you round though, all be it painfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                      Thought ya mabe fishing for summat wasn't Tuna was it ?? ....
                      I'll get ya coat.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        ...coming to Scotland for a Surf.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68805

"I'll travel any distance but not Scotland"

Maybe got drunk and lost a week or two the last time they ventured over the border.

I think Gumtree in Mexico has Surfs on it.
                        Maybe it was in Pitlochry?
                        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

My 3rd gen has an underbody spare wheel.
                          Makes the boot much easier.

My old 2nd gen has a boot mounted rear wheel – which made the boot a right pain in the arse.
                          I always meant to fit a remote fob and timed motor so I could drop the glass as I walked towards it – but they head cracked before I had chance to.

My boot also sits at eye/forehead level, but, I have notice that I can manually push it up higher – I presume that it's because the pistons are old and tired that it sits low.

Is there anyway to refill the pistons – or perhaps but new, extra powerful ones to keep the boot right up?

Comment

There is a place in Derby, SGS Engineering, just off Pentagon Island that can re-gas them. If that fails, they can fit new ones using your existing clevis ends from the old pistons.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/pages/Regassing-Service

Regas is £12.50 a strut, £10 fitted. You don't need to unbolt the clamps; just slide the clip off the bolt top and bottom, the bolts come out, and the strut comes straight off (1 min job each end).

After a day's worth of googling, I can't see another way around doing the same if you don't want to do ebay from the US, which would cost around the same and take x amount of days.

And to save you a day's worth of googling, Betty from Strongarm says these resellers WILL ship to the UK (Amazon won't):

www.liftsupportsdepot.com

www.partshighway.com

They are on Ebay.com, from seller "mrlousstuff" $44 but IIRC the detail he can't ship to the UK either (the problem has arisen after those ticking printer cartridges got sent here).
                            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by Mork View Post
                              My 3rd gen has an underbody spare wheel.
                              Makes the boot much easier.

My old 2nd gen has a boot mounted rear wheel – which made the boot a right pain in the arse.
                              I always meant to fit a remote fob and timed motor so I could drop the glass as I walked towards it – but they head cracked before I had chance to.

My boot also sits at eye/forehead level, but, I have notice that I can manually push it up higher – I presume that it's because the pistons are old and tired that it sits low.

Is there anyway to refill the pistons – or perhaps but new, extra powerful ones to keep the boot right up?
                              And the 2011 award for "The most random post ever" goes to ...
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X